help with connecting to fuse box

Loz

Torque King
Car
MX-5
I've got a small active sub I want to put in the car. It's no monster & it comes with a very modest wiring kit.
What I'd like to do is connect the power/+ive lead to the fuse box. According to my Haynes manual there's a spare fuse on the board (no23) & I can see opening marked 'spare' on the back of the fuse box with 4 spade style connectors.
Is it a straight forward job to wire up or have I got it completely wrong? The car in question is an R reg 100.

Thanks for any info.

Loz.

I've got a small active sub I want to put in the car. It's no monster & it comes with a very modest wiring kit.
What I'd like to do is connect the power/+ive lead to the fuse box. According to my Haynes manual there's a spare fuse on the board (no23) & I can see opening marked 'spare' on the back of the fuse box with 4 spade style connectors.
Is it a straight forward job to wire up or have I got it completely wrong? The car in question is an R reg 100.

Thanks for any info.

Loz.

Mate i'd say you need to put it straight to the battery. Even an active sub will draw alot of power. I wouldn't bother putting it to the fuse box mate.

Yeah, normally I would too, but the the lead supplied is not the usual fare. The +ve is made up of two thin leads & the groaund is the same & I'm reluctant to connect thin +ve leads to the battery. :(

Im with turbo go straight to the battery with the power. the sub may pull too many amps through the fuse panel and wind up blowing your main or even worse a fuseable link that goes from the bat to the fuse panel.

Go to the battery directly but include an inline fuse. 12 volts is not very much at all. All the auxilliary kit in your car is wired with very thin cables. The thin wires are not an issue, but they do suggest that the amp is not enormously powerful. Loads only draw as much current as they need.

Thats a good point about the vehicle wiring HDI. I wired the sub now, with a fused lead(s) off the battery as normal & everything is hunky dory. Thanks for your help everyone. :bigsmile: