Help me!!! Mitsubishi Galant 1996.

S

Svina Vate

I have Mitsubishi Galant GLSI Automatic gearbox. Engine 2.0L 16V. 1996 year, I want to tune up engine. Is some things? What can I do? Please help. :?: :!:

First! Change the air filter. A K&N (Or similar) air filter element will increase power and throttle response for about £50. Better saving for a full induction kit though, replaces the air filter, airbox and induction hose. Will increase power further and make your car sound a bit sportier. An HKS one is about £350.
Next stop should be the exhaust. Go for a full system and have the catalytic converter removed. Will make it sound much better and give you a decent power increase. Prices vary but a decent stainless exhaust will cost about £3-400
Next would be a chip replacement/re-map. About £350 for a re-chip but Galant 2000 are not exactly common so you will have to look about a good bit for one!
After this modifications become a bit pricey and will affect the cars driveability. Ported and polished head, engine rebores, high stall torque converters are all well over the £2000 mark.
Try the air filter and exhaust modifications first.

Hi kerbsidemotors! :D

I read your tip to Svina Vate, and I would like to ask if these tips will work with a 2.0L, manual transmission '98 Galant.

Thanks! :D

Of course! These tips will work with any car. Always start by making it more efficient (Easier breathing air filter & exhaust) When thats not enough, spend a bit more and buy less restrictive (but noisier) exhaust and induction kit. Next have the chip remapped to get the most from your exhaust/intake etc.

Just as a blatant plug...I currently have Accel Kool blue air filters in stock and on ebay at 99p no reserve for Galant 2.4 and V6 models if anyone is interested?! (Click the link below!)

Thanks, kerbs! :)

I'm really new to all this tuning stuff and what made me more interested was when I bought a Simota Twister Air Intake kit (is this the same as induction kit? - sorry, newbie) and had it installed on my car. I did notice an increase in the car's pull already :)

Now I am looking at the exhaust system... :)

Cool! Yes, the Simota twister kit is an induction kit. With the exhaust remember you get what you pay for and it all depends on how much of a power hike you want. The less restrictive the exhaust the noisier it is but that isn't always good for performance as your cars original exhaust uses pulse tuning to help draw the air and fuel into the engine faster. So if you go too far you end up losing power and annoying all your neighbours!