hello from germany :-)

Flori

Wrench Pro
Car
Citroen C3 1.1
hi people,
i jut wanted to say hello and introduce me and my car.
it's a 2003 smart 42 with 50 bhp for now.
i still dont know if i will tune this one, for its handling is
easily to improve by rather cheap stuff (wider wheels, remap),
or i if i just get something different. something small
with a turbo would be cool, but it seems like smarts
are the only rear wheel driven and turbo charged small
cars around.

Alright Flori. Wow your English is good! Personally I'd get rid of the Smart...but I don't like them. Does a new car have to be rwd? I can't imagine a Smart being used for drifting. But hey, if you like it ignore me!! :lol:

Welcome to TorqueCars mate!!

i dont use it for drifting,
it wouldn't be that clever to drift with it. :bigsmile:
but it somehow feels better then the FWD
small cars i tried.f.e. accelerating in corners
feels a bit "sportier". and when you deactivate the
ESP (not in big traffic of course), its hella funny :bigsmile:
and the new car should (not must) have RWD, because
i think RWD is potentially the sportier choice, because
you could drift if you want to.
of course there are also FWD cars to have fun with.
and RWD it usually is already fast(-ish) then.
(bmw, merceseds benz, mx5, mg,...)
but since we have to pay for cars, it's goin to be a
long way to get the new one.
damn capitalists ;)

Last edited:
haha, you guys seem fun! :lol:

my car is goin to be serviced on monday.
:p
let's see what they'll me, if it's fit for the next 4 years

it doesnt have so much mileage now, in the 4 years i got it its only 23000km (14000-14500 miles). :embarrest:
since i reach school and university with public transport (free stundent tickets), im really not driving alot.
but i think its goin to be km per year soon, because money increases slightly and people i know settle all over germany.

i think i'd know if there are some major problems with the car, brakes are ok, dampers, clutch, and stuff is ok too.
my only worry are the front springs, they tend to break on some smarts.

and i think this one is goin to stay stock, ill share it with my sister wholl get her license soon. and she doesnt want any modifications on it. so ill watch for something different. :)

my main reason to choin this forum was, that nobody seemed to discuss if a golf mk3 1.4 could accelerate out a bmw e36 328i or something similar stupid. and the page seemed to be created by people who know their ****.

greeting from analysis class :bigsmile:

the 1.6 16v vts saxo could beet plenty of the cars around on a 1/4 mile.
btw, thats one of the few fwd cars that are fun, isnt it?
to bad we dont have to much of theese hondas vtecs and type r's around here. used ones will still be expensive. i think ill start saving money to buy something next summer.

the 1.6 saxo is about 8.5 seconds to 60 miles per hour i think. thats faster then most other things around. the only real faster car i ever drove was the Z3 3.0 coupe of my dad, and for insurance reasons i dont get to drive it really often.
btw, what do you guys think about a ford puma with the 1.7 litre engine?
when i find a student job in the next weeks, i could afford one next summer.

Not sure about the 8.5 seconds... I don't think my Civic hits that!

Ford Pumas are nice cars mate... that'd be quite a good buy. How much would you have to spend?

as i said, ill need to get a job beside uni first, then i can start saving. i think i could save about 3000 - 3500 euro next summer. i resarched some pumas on the web, they start at about 2500 here. so a good one should be around affordable.
a civic coupe would be cool, but they are to much tuning clichee cars for my taste.
there isnt so much choice, i dont want a car that everybody would see as 'tuner car'. btu i would still like to get it modded, just for the fun of it.

That's pretty good then....what are insurance costs like over there?

I agree with the Civic comment, people buy them to modify...that's why they cost so much to insure!! Still, I like them (obviously! :lol:).

im not sure about the insurance costs for the puma, ill check that the next days.
my dad's z3 would have been just a bit cheaper to insure for me then buying the smart and insure it. there where also some tax reasons to buy.
insurance for the smart is about 50€ per month for young drivers. its getting less with the time.

in my eyes, the car you own/drive puts a certain image of you in people heads, it was a hard piece of work to drive the smart and be known as the one who likes to be fast :bigsmile:

Hi and welcome to the site mate...
Personally I would go for the Puma there's no limit on Modifications for the Civic so modding the Civic would be easy but I also agree with what you said about the Civic would be nice to see a Puma modded up to the hilt... :)

so, i wouldnt do to much for the looks. i'd just get some alloys and thats it.
but ive got some performance mods in my mind.
-> pipercams fast road cam, milltek exhaust manifold with high flow cat, remus cat back system, viper pipercross intake, maybe larger throttle body and air flow sensor, after all skn-tuning remap;
eibach springs, bilstein dampers;
ebc green stuff brake pads, black ebc brake discs;
i think this stuff is goin to be another 3500€ :bigsmile:

i just hand over the smart to the servicing people, seems like there is nothing serious but a broken oil tube at the turbo.
i saw some nice black powder coated alloys for the smart, i'd still consider to mod the smart. it could deliver about 90hp, and with lowered suspension and wider wheels the handling would be ok.
and the smarts trunk does exactly fit my needs, i can carry my guitar and amp + a friends bass and amp (which is a huge 150W warwick bass amp), + the friend (who is 2,1m tall) on the passengers seat.

well, thats the basic stuff you could do on nearly every car.
the puma looks a bit exotic compared to a civic, and still has very common technic.
and i think it would be easier to do things on my on, the smart has computers for every piece, i hope i can do most things myself on the puma.
my first choice would always be a E30 BMW 325i convertible with black sports interior, but they are 7000€+ in good condition, so nothing really affordable for me.
btw, the puma is about 9.5 seconds to 60 miles i think, and 203km/h topspeed (which i legally could drive here). and according to what ive heard, ford handling isnt so bad. so with some Modifications it could be a really funny car.
maybe i find a way to share the Z3 with my dad, 231hp and M sports suspension dont need any Modifications for now. the looks are cool and i dont need to pay to much money on my own. when im 23 in december im not a unadvanced driver anymore (in the eyes of the insurance companies), so i could drive it wihtout paying more for insurance.
but theese are stil thoughts, maybe i will get along with the smart until i finish university and start earning (hopefully) big money.

Last edited:
hehe, the problem is, that i have a 1000 plans in mind, but no money to do anything. ill see what happens the next time, a job wont be bad anyway.
when i dont buy a new car, i think its time for a new guitar and amp :cheesy:

so, i got the smart back from service.

i saw some new smarts in the showroom, the brabus convertible really doesnt look that bad with the xclusive trim and 17 inch wheels.
but fully equipped with leather and dvd navigation and stuff it's about 28000euro, i think 17000 pounds. :lol:

hehe,
skylines are hard to get over here.
and i the smart would be much more suitable for city driving.
+ no police officer would convict you of speeding in a smart. :cheesy:
the skyline is to much a performance car, i would consider to buy something like this, unless i know ill be on the track at least once a month.
ive seen a lamborghini murcielago on monday, it ridiculously loud and legally cant go any faster then the smart (in cities). + when youre going fast, everybody will notice it.
i dont know about skylines, but with performance exhaust and some Modifications it would be also eyecatchingly loud.

the skyline is to much a performance car.

Didn't know there was such a thing! :lol: Seriously though it's all about what you need and what you can afford. A Smart does make more sense for city driving and economy, but I'd still prefer a Skyline (the only car that can legally be modded to over 1000bhp!).

honestly, i think i couldnt handle a car with 1000bhp or more.
i would be ok with 150 - 200 for now, the only situation where
i really need horsepower is Autobahn driving, any other
situation doesnt need so much horsepower. what do i need
power for, when the guy in front of me makes me braking every 2 seconds.:rolleyes:
but i agree, you could buy much bigger/faster/... cars for this money.
i think the Golf GTI starts at about 25k€, used E46 M3s in good condition,
start at 20k.
my smart was about 10k, i didnt pay anything myself. so i cant complain.
but as i said, if there would be a possibility to go on track form time to time, the situations to use the performance would increase.
so i agree, its about what you need. and i dont need any show off utensil by reason its enough show to let the tyres of the smart squeak when you arrive
at the party :embarrest:

Last edited:
1000bhp - NICE :) - 1-2 MPG - BAD! :(

(They say every Skyline has a silver lining or soemthing like that.)

soo, i don't know if anybody cares, but anyway:
i got a citroen C3 1.1 a while ago, therefore i was asking about intake manifolds for that thing.
not exactly an improvement over the smart,
But it's a bit bigger, has a higher topspeed and more seats, even thought i dislike to put people in the backseats, it just slows that whole thing down and i don't know alot of small enough people for a C3's backseat anyway.
I already have taken it for linger trips, this summer about 2 * 700km for to the Rock am Ring festival at the Nürburgring. Both Autobahn and smaller roads where great fun. Specially when i realized we arrived just at the wrong end. That gave us about 25km of extra way going around the track. Sadly not on the track, but was fun anyway.
And for some reason it's sometimes able to reach 170+ kph, thats like 106+mph, and also keep the speed for some time, until you've to brake for someone slower mostly..., strange thing, the manual says it should do 153kph, thats about 95mph i guess. the highest reading i had on my gps was 175kph, so the speedo wasnt that wrong.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back