Torque Junkie
Car
Peugeot 206 LX
Right i have my heart set on some of these for the front

clicky

and some of these for the back

clicky

Now the question:

Would you reccomend buying some tinting spray and doing my existing lights, or are there legal issues?(MOT etc) I am not too fussed about the rear lights being replaced but would like to replace the front!

All opinions and ideas welcome!!

Although there might not be any problem id advise against you tinting the front lights.
this will lower the visability from them.

rear light are fine to tint up to a point and personally they would look better than lexus lights.

if your very careful and take care, you could, remove the plastic lense on the front of those front lights and colour code them to match

dont tint the front, very bad idea, tint the back, however im still sure they are illegal for road use?

dont tint the front, very bad idea, tint the back, however im still sure they are illegal for road use?

Not necessarily - my Peugeot's rear clusters are 'ruby red' coloured from the factory. The lamps behind them are all standard 380, 382, w5w etc and all illuminate in the correct colour and are totally road legal.

The only problem with such designs is that the lamps need to be replaced far more often than you'd expect.

no i mean when you get that black tint spray for rear lights, even on the can it says for off road use only, suppose it depends how much you tint them

so would i be allowed to tint the back then? or would i have to be carefull on how dark it is? i have decided to buy the front ones, not just yet maybe in the next month or two!! funding being an issue!!!

for tinted front head lights go for these head light guards tint them as dark as you like for day use then remove for night driving they only clip on and are only £40 from the dealer unless you can get an ebay bargin ;)

as for the rear you can tint them but how dark im unsure (and please dont get lexus lights they only suit 2 cars an is200 and a integra)

for tinted front head lights go for these head light guards tint them as dark as you like for day use then remove for night driving they only clip on and are only £40 from the dealer unless you can get an ebay bargin ;)

as for the rear you can tint them but how dark im unsure (and please dont get lexus lights they only suit 2 cars an is200 and a integra)

If you're going to do this then you need to be able to demonstrate that they're immediately removable at the roadside without the need for tools or the need to open the bonnet.

If you're going to do this then you need to be able to demonstrate that they're immediately removable at the roadside without the need for tools or the need to open the bonnet.

you learn something new everyday i had no idea about that !!!

THe rear does need a red reflector. This is interesting because it's possible to make a dichroic reflector that appears blue, for example, unless light is directly (perpendicularly) incident upon it from behind whereupon it reflects red.

That might cause a bit of consternation during a roadside police stop.

so really, best to just leave the rear lights alone ;) unless you gonna buy whole new modded clusters that are legal, too much fannying about just for some lights :s

Yeah - leave 'em be. But consider replacing all the lamps every couple of years as traditional incadescent ones do age and go dim long before they fail.