GTI VR6 turboing question

N

Nem15

Hey guys,

Im planning on buying a Mark 4 GTI, but i cant seem to find a 1.8t for sale thats in decent condition. I've been seeing a lot of VR6s an was wondering what i would need to change and do to put in a small turbo like the one thats in the 1.8t.

Thanks!

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck buddy! :)

a lot !

i am a bit lost here if you are looking at 1.8 turbos why do you need to turbo a VR6 just get a standard one

as sleeper says alot.

those who have charged ether the 2.8 or 3.2 have all run into problems with running lean in a couple of cylinders.
to be honest the tiny turbo that is on the 1.8 i doubt would be any good on the larger engines.
best bet would be to get the v6 models - either 2.8 or r32 and enjoy it more. the different suspension setup and the 4motion will allow a better driving experiance than the understeering 1.8 setup.
also once youve spend around a grand on both the 1.8t or 2.8 nasp youll end up with around 230-240bhp and no lag from the v6, plus it sounds better ;)