Go Karts - fun or an education

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I've seen quite a few threads on go Karting so it would appear to be a growing trend.

Do you think that go karts are just a bit of fun or do they teach you about car handling and performance driving? If so what does driving a go kart teach you?

Last edited by a moderator:
great fun but dont see how they teach you anything except how to drive into the kart in front of you.
Always a bit exciting when you have been in karts for a few hours and then jump behind the wheel of a car! often this is the most likely time when i have a near miss!

Having done carting in the wet I must say it gave me an appreciation for the physics of handling and grip and keeping up your speed through the exit of a corner.

Karting for the average Joe it's just fun
BUT let's not forget karting is the starting point of becoming a professional racing driver! So there has to be something from karting to professional driver to road that could be learned! Us as average Road users don't see!?

Average road users who go Go-Karting I notice are all over the place and always block other drivers. Go for an over take and BAM they drive into you.