Gifts for passing driving test

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Any ideas of suitable gifts for people who have just passed their driving test?

I've usually sent a card and a magic tree air freshener but it seems a bit tight to do this to family and close friends so what suggestions do you have of suitable gifts?

Perhaps we should specify gifts for guys and gifts for girls as well.

Did you get any gifts when you passed your test?

No gifts for me I'm afraid, :sad2: but how about some breakdown recovery? There are a lot of marvellous deals were you won't have to break the bank to get somebody some piece of mind! ;)

:eek: Why not just buy them a car as well whilst we are at it! ;)

I guess we should work to a budget here of around £100, and it's worth noting they are unlikely to have a car for a few months.

What about a trackday?
They can have some instructor led tuition before going around with one for themselves. Give them young 'uns a better respect and appreciation for the road and road users.

Silverstone do days like this - £100 well spent in my opinion if it helps to stop them wrapping their new toys around trees or down ditches.

Sharp as a brick me. :D

OK sensible answer, how about a car control day or a sliding round corners day in a Westfeild or something similar?

Ack! Vroy6 beat me to the line!

That I did my friend. But If you are game for it, so am I - we can show them how it's done properly !! :eek:

Any of you folks ever taken a 'supercar' round a track? I have had a few race days in a Ferrari and a Lamborghini and aside from the fact that they are awesome to drive, I can honestly say it has helped me in my everyday driving in respect to cornering and road positioning.
I have been driving for twenty five years and have not under estimated the benefit I have gained.

There, my two pence. :eek:

Any of you folks ever taken a 'supercar' round a track? I have had a few race days in a Ferrari and a Lamborghini and aside from the fact that they are awesome to drive, I can honestly say it has helped me in my everyday driving in respect to cornering and road positioning.
I have been driving for twenty five years and have not under estimated the benefit I have gained.

There, my two pence. :eek:

Yes I have several times, my last one was at Silverstone in a Lambo Gallardo and a R8 ;) Learnt control, braking and lane positioning from senior instructor Alf - a top man and a great instructor :amuse:

Nice one T9. Ferrari at Silverstone, and I did the Lambo Gallardo at a track in Oxfordshire. Will be doing it again in the summer too. Cannot wait.

Or one that says:

Roses are red, violets are blue
You've just passed your test,
So it's time to stay sober,
Yes that means you. :embarrest:

What about a simple car radio, or a book on advanced driving like Roadcraft, PASS plus lessons, Set of car mats.