Torque Cars

Funny exhuast noise

Discussion in 'General car Chat' started by swompy, 22 August 2009.

1. swompy

swompy Tuner

Gloucestershire
    Car:
    VW Corrado, 2lt 16v
    Hi

I've just had a magnex back box put on my car and also I removed a part of the air box which reduces intake noise.

Sinse I've done that their has been a strange noise when the car is underload at low revs, but I put the part of the air box back in just to hear the exhuast on its own and it didnt make that noise at all.

Its sounds like a vibrating/popping sort of noise. Cant work out if its back fireing or if its the exhuast vibrating

Any one shed some light on this?

Sorry if I'v posted it in the wrong place.

O the car is a 94 VW Corrado 2lt 16vl

Thanks

2. turbonutter69

turbonutter69 TC ModFather Moderator

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    Sounds like the exhaust moving to me.

3. swompy

swompy Tuner

Gloucestershire
    Car:
    VW Corrado, 2lt 16v
    It might be, but i looked under tha car and tryed to move it but it wasnt easy.

I also looked for anything loose it could be vibrating against but there wasnt anything

4. Munday

Munday Torque Junkie

Letchworth GC, Herts
    Car:
    Glanza V
    The part you removed from the air intake is probably there to prevent noise of a certain resonant frequency that can be produced due to the size/shape of the intake piping

5. HDi fun

HDi fun TC ModFather

Buckinghamshire UK
    Car:
    Passat 2.0 TDi
    Is it standard otherwise?