full body kit - lowering car

joshy1991

Torque Junkie
Car
nissan 200sx s14a
hi guys and gals .

i was looking at buying this body kit for my car and wondered if i put it on my car will i have to stiffen the springs in any way to stop it hitting the floor . or will it be fine.

and has any one got this kit on their car and if so could they post pics on this thread so i can see what it looks like plz. cheers.

also with back bumpers do u legally have to have ur rear registration plate lit up with the 2 little lights or can u drive the car without the little lights?

Last edited by a moderator:
not a fan of that kit mate but each to their own

you might have to stiffen the springs but i doubt it unless they are really sagging.
and for the rear number plate yes they need to be lit up

ok cheers pgarner. what kit do u like on the polo then. i want something that stands out and looks like i have put a kit on it. cos wot ive got looks like a standard even though its a custom bumper i did myself.

i like the one thats on it already. if people look they will see it aint standard but isnt in your face - think tarring everyone with the same brush syndrome and look at cars that have a similar kit to that fitted.

had a quick look and found this
VW_Polo_6N_bild1.jpg

obvious its a kit but doesnt look to in your face

dunno really . they dont do many good kits for the polo . and the one i like is the red one above and theres another one i like but its like £1000 odd quid for it and im not paying that much. i plan to get a front and sides and thats it. but i might get a rear not sure at the mo , also can i bung any side skirts with any bumper or do u reckon i should get the same named ones . like the body kit above is a combat kit and they sell the friont,back and sides seperate but the sides are £200 and the front is £225 and i was just gonna get some cheaper sides to go with the front bumper to save me money. any opinions.

The heights can vary a lot between kits. If you have plain side skirts you might get away with it but often a mismatched kit will look just like that, a mismatched kit.

ok cheers waynne. and pikey motorsport yes they are . i couldnt find any good ones i liked and the ones i did are like ££££££ . and i find it annoying how the same kit for a 106 or saxo is much much cheaper . it does my head in. well i have planned to get the combat 2 kit for the front of my car and im gonna get some cheap sides. so im looking forward to it . hopefully i will have the combat 2 front bumper in about 4-5 weeks.

Post us up some pics, it would make an interesting project thread in the gallery with before during and after pics.;)

ok waynne will do. do u want pics on this thread or another? i cant wait to get the bumper. it will look so much better and more modded.but when i get it it wontr b 4 a while until i get it sprayed though

ok. if i start with a pic of it now. and then bumper off . and then new bumper and then new bumper on .is that about right. also should i start it now . or shhould i start it when i get the new bumper?

ok. if i start with a pic of it now. and then bumper off . and then new bumper and then new bumper on .is that about right. also should i start it now . or shhould i start it when i get the new bumper?

basically wip stands for work in progress (if you didnt know)
so you start the tread with pics of how you bought the car (completely standard) then you write what you have done/what you plan to do and add pics of the changes/proposed changes
hope that helps mate:bigsmile:

ah ok . i have one problem with that. i dont have any pics of it standard lol. unless i find a pic of it standard on the net.