Fitting throttle bodies...

Theheap

Wrench Pro
Car
Fiat Punto 1.2 8v
To my mk1 1.2 8v punto :p.

Anyone done this before and does anyone have any info on the job in hand?

Cheers

It has one already. Petrol engines have to have throttles. Diesels, by nature of the way they work, don't. But that's a different discussion.

With a 1.2 8 valve engine there will be no benefit at all from fitting separate throttle bodies. There is never any point in a car with single point injection. (I do not know whether or not your car has multipoint injection). A 1.2 litre car engine is not drawing anywhere enough air to take advantage of separate throttle bodies. Bikes are different, the engines commonly spin at 18,000 to 20,000rpm.

Fitting a separate throttle body for each intake tract is a technique used in high performance engines to allow for sharper response to accelerator inputs and also to reduce intake vacuum and better airflow during high rev and high load operation.

Something that's required for good air/fuel mixing is a decent airflow velocity, or speed. If you were to fit separate throttle bodies to your car you will probably (almost certainly) find that the air/fuel mixing is not as good as it is with the standard setup.

This will lead to inferior torque delivery, inferior performance and inferior driveability in general, along with poor fuel economy.

It was just for the sound i was after but cheers anyway

OK, just get an induction kit and replace the standard airbox. :)

Not to my taste, I like cars to be as quiet as possible.

But an induction kit will make in snarl a bit if that's the effect you're after

lol,

itbs usually require an alpha n mapped ecu to work properly (unless they are housed in an air box then a MAP sensor can be used along side the TPS) which mean the standard ecu has to go, ITB's cost shead loads of money to do properly your are talking in excess of £1500 and it's so isn't worth in on your car, get your induction kit, a bmc one can be had for less than 100 notes,

Right well bugger all that i just took the air filter out and that gave me what i was looking for. :)

Right well bugger all that i just took the air filter out and that gave me what i was looking for. :)

I'm sure that it did give you the sound that you were looking for? but the absense of an air filter leaves your car wide open to aliens coming into the engine and possibly doing all kinds of damage to it. The noise level that you are now getting will be very short lived! put in a less restrictive air filter, costs a little more than factory, but safer in the long run.

I have a BMC CDA for sale if you're interested? Used it on the very same engine as yours, opened up the top end of the rev range no end and sounded very nice for a 1.2 8v, alway's had people asking me what engine it had in it :bigsmile:

there you go chap, i believe he has it for sale for less than 100 quid so a bargin when it was more than double new and bmc cda's are far better than the pipercross viper

I have a BMC CDA for sale if you're interested? Used it on the very same engine as yours, opened up the top end of the rev range no end and sounded very nice for a 1.2 8v, alway's had people asking me what engine it had in it :bigsmile:
will back this up sounds lurvly on the bora :D