First car problem - reduced engine power

seppo

Wrench Pro
Car
Volvo s60 2002 2.0t
Just a second ago the warning light on my dashboard went on and my car lost almost all its power. The info display said "motorprestanda nedsatt"(Swedish) which translates to something like "Reduced engine power" or "Engine power has been reduced".

The only other things i can think of is that the oil-light also went on and I have too little oil in my car after checking it recently.

Could this be as simple as having to change/fill oil? Or what other reasons could cause this?

EDIT: The message in english should be "Reduced Engine Performance"

Last edited:
Tried filling oil. All warning lights went off and it seemed for a while that the problem was solved, but just 5 min into driving again, my car stalled and the oil lamp + error message returned. Car still starts and seems to run normally, but since I have no idea what to do, I'm leaving it until the garage opens up this week and a professional to have a look.

I hope the computer just needs a reset or something, but I'm not taking any chances.

First time the oil levels were outside the recommended zone which might have damaged something else if I drove like this for too long. Really hope not.
After filling, the oil level is in the middle of the recommended zone. So the oil level shouldn't be a problem anymore. Don't know if I need to drive around the block to allow the oil into the engine again or reset the service computer or something, but the oil level should be fine now.

I was able to get these out of my car:
Bcm checking - Break Control Module
Srs rdy - Supplementary Restraint System
Ecm dtc set - Engine Control Module
Aum not checked - Audio Module
Cem dtc set - Central Electronic Module
Dim ready - Driver Information Module
Ddm dtc set - Driver Door Module
Ccm checking - Climate Control Module
Pdm checking - Passenger Door Module
Rem checking - Rear Electronic Module
Swm ready - Steering Wheel Module
Uem dtc set - Upper Electronic Module

So as far as I can tell, there are some error codes in these modules:
Engine Control Module
Central Electronic Module
Driver Door Module
Upper Electronic Module

I seriously have no idea what I'm doing with these codes..