Fiat Punto Max Speed increasing

Puntopimp

Track Warrior
Car
1.8 TDCI Ford S-Max
Hello thar!

Firstly Woo!! 10 Posts and counting.

secondly What is the best means tested way of boosting my max speed as its set at 101 mph which is poxy :-( i.e tuning the engine e.t.c.

Any ideas

Congratulations on getting your first 10! Welcome to Torque Cars, by the way.

101 is actually 31mph over the speed limit here anyway. I would spend too much time on this to be honest. Anything at all you do to your car will ramp up the insurance cost massively. (I am guessing that you're a fairly new driver).

Even if you did manage to make a significant change you'd have to spend a fortune sorting out the brakes and suspension to make the thing remotely safe to drive.

If I'm right abotu you being a new driver then take advantage of the Fiat's relatively low cost insurance for a year or two then you'll be well placed to go and buy something considerably quicker.

Yeah the insurance is 2611 quid Fully Comp

I'm now saving up to buy a mitsubishi GTO next year and get a full body kit e.t.c but im gnna use this punto as my lil experiment to learn tuning e.t.c.

Yeah the insurance is 2611 quid Fully Comp

I'm now saving up to buy a mitsubishi GTO next year and get a full body kit e.t.c but im gnna use this punto as my lil experiment to learn tuning e.t.c.

£2611 is mad. I pay £393. fully comp. insurance companies have go to soften up on new drivers.

hell if your paying that for a punto id hate to see what a GTO would skin you :lol:

increasing the power of the engine will help your car continue to overcome the drag.
you could spend a fortune doing this and not gain much more power but a nice whack on your insurance premium.

MasterAuron is the man to ask if you wnat to tune the punto engine

agree with hdi wait till your older and insurance is cheaper

i only pay a grand for my trade insurance and can drive anything on that with my 3 cars on it as well