Fewer police on the roads

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I don't think I've seen as many police cars on the roads as I used to.

Are they cutting back? Is this a good thing?

All UK police services are cutting back on costs and it is noticeable that there are less police on the roads.

This is not a good thing in my opinion but I do accept that cuts have to be made.

In my younger days I'll hold my hands up cause back then they probably was out to get me.
But these days I've grown up an I'm a good boy now. ;)
I suppose near my house you would see alot anyway seeing as I'm right next door to Ripley Police Headquarters.

there are always more police in nottingham on a sunday night and they always seem to find where we go and make us move on seems like a waste of police time if you ask me just cause young people have nice cars they dont like it

If you have genuine meet an not just donutin or doing burnouts then go and see a manager at your local maccy d's.
If it was genuine they'd give you permission to hold a meet in their car park. Then the police can do nothing as long as your all within the law?
Or a local pub maybe easier?

there are always more police in nottingham on a sunday night and they always seem to find where we go and make us move on seems like a waste of police time if you ask me just cause young people have nice cars they dont like it

it was the same thing at jcn27 although lads going around the roundabout sideways did no one any favours

The police should give a reason before asking you to move on and disperse. To do so without giving one is bad policing and does the police no favours in the public's opinion.

Which is a shame because the jobs they do as individuals is a difficult one and does deserve some recognition.

I'd quite like to do a meet at Raymond's Le Manoir which is just up the road. Somehow I think the restaurant bill might be a bit steep though :)

Not sure. Don't want to tempt fate.

I have been pulled once so far this year. ''Random check'' on the A9. They were quite sound with me tbh. Was doing 75 in a 60. I pulled over, thought, fair one, fair cop give me 3 points and £60 fine. They talked to me, so I spoke politley back and they let me on my way.

I think its because they pulled right up my back end (it was about 3 in the morning, and not a car in sight) and instead of trying to race them (as I couldn't see the car in my mirrors) I pulled over, indicated twice to let them passed.

The copper actually said its nice to see people doing that! :bigsmile:

Does beg the question as to why he felt it appropriate to hand you a fixed penalty notice. It is at the officer's discretion but I think many might have left it at a roadside finger wagging.

Sorry, might not have typed that correctly. I thought they would give me 3 points and £60 fine.

They let me off. I didn't get anything. They were quite sound with me. As they could see I was on a long journey.

Sorry, might not have typed that correctly. I thought they would give me 3 points and £60 fine.

They let me off. I didn't get anything. They were quite sound with me. As they could see I was on a long journey.

Excellent! Nice to see that the police are taking a community friendly approach.

I think a warning can often be more effective a deterrant as the fine and points. I know some people get a "well i've paid the fine so now I'll do the crime" mentality.

There does seem to be fewer around though, can't recall the last time I saw a patrol car on the motorway.