Fantasy anti theft systems

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
If it were legal, allowable or possible I would have the following anti theft systems fitted to my car.

Electrify the lock which activates the minute something is pushed in it.
Spikes in the front seats which activate instead of an immobiliser.
Knockout gas which is triggered when the radio is tampered with.
If the car is car jacked it will lock the doors and drive to the police station with a pre recorded announcment which ill leave up to your imaginations.

What would you do as a theft prevention measure?

tires that inflate/deflate based on biometrics. tesla coil style proximity detector with thought recognition (able to tell if someone is just walking by or wants to steal the car) think command and conquer red alert. a foam filling that solidifies, fills the interior if the Heater/AC is messed with (thief gets to clean up the mess :), think demolition man when he crashed the police car)

The car transforms into a big robot and stands on the theif!
or when you press your central locking key it has thousands of little poisonous spikes like a puffer fish :D

when the theif is driving, your car automatically speeds upto 50 mph
then releases the seatbelt and then comes to a sudden stop
and if that technoligy was in the car, it could fix the hole in the windscreen, drive back to where you parked it and noone would know that some scumbag car theif was killed
thanks to your anti-theft device

I see quite a bit of imagination here. What about flame throwers? Inside and outside the car. Get catalytic seat covers which self clean after the flames as well.;)

Its a crazy world where we get into trouble for using more direct anti theft measures and the thief can sue us for injury:eek:

I see quite a bit of imagination here. What about flame throwers? Inside and outside the car. Get catalytic seat covers which self clean after the flames as well.;)

Its a crazy world where we get into trouble for using more direct anti theft measures and the thief can sue us for injury:eek:
thats mental,thief can sue us for injury.
thats very true

there was a theif who got caught robbing a house back here
but got of with the charge, and 8,000 compinsation for the cuts to his hands

the victim cemented cut bits of glass to the top of her wall and when the theif tryed to scale it, ripped both his hands and fell of the wall and thats how he got caught, she was living in a coperation house and had no right to cement glass to the property of the council

morral of the story
give the theif what he wants, its cheaper

Blades that come out on pneumatic bars from underneath the car the moment its attacked, cutting the potential thieves feet off.

Cant drive away, cant run away.

A MASSIVE novelty boxing glove released, again pneumatically, from the steering wheel. Would result in damage to the car though.

Pepper spray from steering wheel? That'd be good...

put a sensor plate (about the size of a credit card for ease of carrying) under the car. when it gets a certain distance from it, car doors lock, and a loudspeaker starts blasting barbiegirl at about 500db. won't be to long before someone calls the cops.

that or like a saw on the sci-fi channel. the entire car folds up into a little cube you can carry around in your pocket. hard to steal something that is with you all the time.

my pitbull used to work well.... most people just looked at it and thought it wasnt worth it, but if they did try to steal my car.. well.. good luck to them :) and i'd have to have a note inside the car.. "Dare you to run..." :lol:

No need for all of these fantasy anti-theft systems, just get a fuel cut off switch installed.

would be good but I have one of those on my bike and I have forgoten to turn it off, so theres me, getting half way down the road Wondering why my bike is dying and not starting again heh.

I think the Idea of a boxing glove out of the steering wheels a good one, goes off like the airbag but extends out more, think like the doorbell in the jackass movie where jonny knocsvill rigs his doorbell with a giant airbag :)

but I think a electrifyed/superheated steering wheel, gearstick and tear gas dispenser inside the car (car needs to be 'nearly air tight') should sort out most thieves :).

also, deadbolts on the doors after 15 seconds and extra toughened glass (sort you get on armoured cars, i.e. not able to break with a glass breaker spike thingy or hammer) so they get into the car, you have done 'something' to the engine to stop it from starting, and then are trapped in the car. all ready for the police to pick up.

you wouldnt have to have the car air tight for the tear gas, CS gas works well too also when they go to take a shower later it hurts even more as the CS gets under your skin