Exhaust system, help!

zeekan

Wrench Pro
Car
Civic 1.8 VTI
Guys I have an MB6 civic, B18C motor and want to buy a buddy club spec II exhaust. Now, they dont make them for my car but I have integra's engine therefore I am thinking about buying one for integra DC2, will i have to get any extensions has anyone done it before and is this even going to work? :blink: Maybe someone knows anything about it and would like to share the knowledge with me please? also, i will be adding 4-1 header so hey, apparently its gonna be very illegal, is that true?:shock:

Last edited:
It wont make it MOT worthy and would be bad if you dont have it on the insurance. I could be wrong but the only thing that would be illegal would be how loud it is??? Maybe someone can confirm/correct me ;)

First of all, an exhaust for a DC2 won't fit so it's pointless getting one. I'll assume that you'll be adding a de-cat as well. This does not make it illegal, however it will increase emissions, which in turn could mean you fail your MOT because of it. Not having an MOT is illegal.

Exhausts can make cars disturbingly loud, however it will most likely depend on the police around your area whether you get pulled for it or not. If it does become a problem, fit a silencer.

mot can be sorted :) but im worried about the noise, ebay says its the loudest exhaust in the world and it warns its illegal from this point of view. other than that, i was more asking if its possible to modify the exhuast for it to fit my mb6 without losing the beautiful sound that it makes

could possibly be modified but would be cheaper getting one made up.
if your wanting noise its a case of straight through pipe with no silencers.
be warned thou the car can be given an ASBO and removed from you

mongoose cat back is a perfect fit for the mb6.nice noise too.then ya can get the d cat pipe frabricated up from the header to the exhaust.so when the mot comes up ya can place the cat back in.

money isnt the problem, noise and performance is the priority i know buddy club produces some extra bhp and the noise is music to my ears i dont want anything else. in london there is a place called torque exhausts and they do custom exhausts u choose what it looks like and what it sound like, but after hearing videos like these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qgN1aVvPkE

custom labour doesnt convince me. am i in a wrong, anyone thinks they could get that sort of sound out of my b18?:confused: