Engine conversion???

lewis9111

Car
Corsa 1.8 SRi
Hey guys, Ive got a Corsa C 1.8 SRi, looking to make it quicker. Now obviously you've got your basic mods like induction kits, sports exhausts, cams and all that but I was just wondering if an engine conversion would be more worth while?

What I really need to know is, in your opinions;

1) Which engine I should go for? I was thinking the 2.0 turbo from the astra GSi

2) Any rough ideas of how much it will cost?

3) I'm 19, got 1 years no claims and currently paying 1700 quid (annual) for the insurance. How much you think it'll bump it up by?

Any posts welcome :bigsmile:

Cheers

Quite a lot will probably decline to cover you on a modified car. I might be cheaper to sell on the Corsa and buy an Astra Turbo 2.0. At least that way the car is standard which insurers usually prefer.

Hey guys, Ive got a Corsa C 1.8 SRi, looking to make it quicker. Now obviously you've got your basic mods like induction kits, sports exhausts, cams and all that but I was just wondering if an engine conversion would be more worth while?

What I really need to know is, in your opinions;

1) Which engine I should go for? I was thinking the 2.0 turbo from the astra GSi

2) Any rough ideas of how much it will cost?

3) I'm 19, got 1 years no claims and currently paying 1700 quid (annual) for the insurance. How much you think it'll bump it up by?

Any posts welcome :bigsmile:

Cheers
I have a couple of mates that are running Corsa's both with 2.0 Turbo engines in them.. Fast Cars but torque steer is simply crazy...

An LSD should correct the torque steer. If I was you I'd wait a year or 2 before dropping in a turbo. Hardly any insurers will quote you on a turbo at the age of 19. Instead, why don't you upgrade the suspension and brakes before the engine?

Yes do it, that'll be an emmense car, I want the gsi turbo for my next car 280 bhp FTW!!!
It probably wont be cheaper to buy the gsi as they aren't dropping in price 03 car your looking at 4,500.
Look at the ones breaking on ebay, oh and look on AOC, theres always one breaking on there. Good luck.