EFR 9180 Turbo at last its arrived

MADRod

Road Burner
Car
Sierra RS Cosworth
I first enquired about a Borg Warner efr 9180 back in LATE 2010 its a new design of Turbo & the first ever true twin scrool. The Indycar series has taken the first 2 years of production & this is the first of 3 Turbos delivered to the UK.
Test with the smaller EFR's have shown incredible results with spool-up many hundreds of rpm lower than the equivalent Garret GTX. With the 1.05 exhaust housing as supplied its 900bhp Turbo on the correct engine.
Ive already ordered a 1.45 housing that will see 1000bhp it should be available in the summer. The set-up will be expensive as it has an external wastegate & requires a manifold to suit. At £3500 thats not cheap. Ive not heard what this little baby is going to cost but hell you cant take it with you & I want it :love:.

Rod
Its shown strapped to a test engine with a cheaper twin scroll manifold to test it fits.

9180efr007_zps6e9ccb1c.jpg

9180efr008_zpsd77e952c.jpg

9180efr006_zps1e061972.jpg

9180efr004_zps86db34a5.jpg

9180efr003_zps0f0eff3e.jpg

:embarrest: Maybe? Thought I would get feedback from young Rod first but as I keep looking at that turbo, I swear I can see my name written all over it :lol:

:embarrest: Maybe? Thought I would get feedback from young Rod first but as I keep looking at that turbo, I swear I can see my name written all over it :lol:

The tests on the EFR range ( by M.A.Developments) are spectacular it really is a big step forward.
This is a 950bhp Turbo that will spool-up like a GTX35. Of course it needs to be twin scroll & external wastegated to work as it should. It also has a built in Dump Valve & boost controller.