ECU reading project

Davsurfa

Torque Junkie
Car
Hyundai Coupe 2.0l
Right this is causing me a major headache, I doubt it'd work on my Hyundai but the idea was to get it either work on mine or I have access to a Vauxhall Corsa B to try and get this to work on.

First off I bought a cable, this one Ebay Item:320601258177
it has an FTDI chipset is suitable for ISO9141 and KWP2000 transmission protocol (16pin OBD II style Data Link Connector). This will become relevant in a minute.

Secondly I downloaded this http://www.scantool.net/scanxl-pro.html which says "Our products support 1996* and newer vehicles whether it be US, Asian, or European.
Supported OBD-II protocols: SAE-J1850 (PWM and VPW), ISO-9141, ISO-14230 (KWP2000), and ISO-15765 (CAN)." And apparently they cover Hyundai too.

Thirdly I opened the above program, plugged in the cable and it keeps telling me the "Interface not found"

Now before I "fix" the cable in true Adam style can anyone, and I do mean anyone, wives, dogs, pet hamsters, see where I'm going wrong??

Before anyone says mine doesn't have OBDII, this program also covers OBD-II Protocols
J1850 VPW
J1850 PWM
ISO 9141
ISO 14230 (KWP)
ISO 15765 (CAN)

Another program I have tried is http://carport-diagnose.de/ which states on the home page "Currently CarPort supports car diagnostics over the K-Line (protocols KWP1281 and KWP2000) exclusively, using a KKL-Interface for the communication between the computer and your car."

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

its the wrong cable mate. i remember trying to get other software to work with my cheapy vagcom cable.

i was told i would need a ELM327 cable to get it to work - i was looking for running virtual dash on the carputer to see real time readings

hopefullly someone else will be able to help you out more

Well that's a start, cheers mate. I'll look at different cables. My biggest problem is that my Hyundai doesn't run OBDII. Ideally I'd use a HiScan but then that does cost way too much as a hobby item!!!

Still, the new search has begun :)