Driving test tomorrow!

You'll be fine.

It's not as if you're a new driver.

And even in the unlikely event that you do fail you can continue to drive on your EU license anyway.

You'll be fine.

It's not as if you're a new driver.

And even in the unlikely event that you do fail you can continue to drive on your EU license anyway.

Thanks PG - good job some of us are awake.

So, I'll retract the previous statement and wish you good luck and a pleasant drive.

Sorry to cause general confusion.

Just relax mate and try not think about the examiner sitting there just treat it like a normal lesson and your sure to pass

goodluck

Remember, if in doubt close your eyes & floor it! Good luck!
Peace.gif

Well done, congratulations.

Now you can really start to learn how to drive! Take it easy, and some sage advice here - remember you are not invincible.

Thanks guys =] Didn't think I'd feel so good to pass until I did. Now on to find some cheap insurance. Which is much harder than it seemed before. If I get o as second driver to my brothers insurance can I have less cover and such? (say 3rd part fire and theft even though he is fully comp)

As a second driver I think you would only be covered third party F&T unless you state and pay more for fully comp.
But you may be liable for prosecution if you are using the car as the main driver.

As a second driver I think you would only be covered third party F&T unless you state and pay more for fully comp.
But you may be liable for prosecution if you are using the car as the main driver.
plus i heard on the radio a while back the police and insurance companys are cracking down on this

congratulations by the way!!! forgot to wish you good luck but you didnt need it anyway:D

Thanks for the advice guys :) Well until he buys a new car he'll need this one for work and I'd just be driving it when he's not, is this okay as a second driver? =/

Last edited:
If I was you i'd be very carefull. As I said if the insurance find out that he is down as the main driver but your using the car more they may push for prosecution for fraud.

Named drivers should never use the car for going to work as this is a prime indicator of the main driver.

Try the insurers that add a tracker to the car. It can cut the premium by a fair bit and there is usually a proviso that the car is not used after 11pm or you pay an additional premium. More than are good for young drivers and older cars.;)

Named drivers should never use the car for going to work as this is a prime indicator of the main driver.

Try the insurers that add a tracker to the car. It can cut the premium by a fair bit and there is usually a proviso that the car is not used after 11pm or you pay an additional premium. More than are good for young drivers and older cars.;)

i know the last few times when ive read through my paperwork properly my wife isnt covered for commuting.

dont know if any insurance companies still do that waynne. anyone with a little electrics knowhow could effectively disable the tracker. so theres no premium to pay. but this would have meant insurance invalid

My Bro in law has one. It knows if the car moves over 10 yards and at what time. It caught him out loads of times, where he got back at a minute or two past 11. In the long run it would have been cheaper for him to get the full cover without the tracker but it was a massive saving over the full price - as long as you agree with the curfew.

If you can, get your own policy. The quicker you build up your 'no claims' the better & will save you money in the long run. Plus It will be a damn sight easier when it comes to insuring a more powerful car in the future. ;)

If you can, get your own policy. The quicker you build up your 'no claims' the better & will save you money in the long run. Plus It will be a damn sight easier when it comes to insuring a more powerful car in the future. ;)

Yup and some insurers like Churchill give you 2 years NCB for the first year with them. And they still award the 2 years NCB even if you don't renew with them.;)