Donington track day

T9 man

TC ModFather
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
Been so busy I have only just had the time to post this. Her indoors and I went to Donington in Derby for a track day get together with the Saab club last weekend. I had a fantastic time, the organisers put on a social evening BBQ on the Saturday night which went down a storm. Weather held up on the Sunday, bright sunshine but ruddy freezing!
I could not blast the beast around the track as I still have this leaking exhaust manifold nonsense which should finally be rectified next week.

For some bizarre reason Donington only offered part of the track for the days event and not the full monty track :blink:
This was not known until the actual briefing which brought on quite a few raised voices and cries of a "rip off"

Oh well, I had a great time anyway and some fun passenger rides as did her indoors!

A few pics of the weekend.

IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

And this thing was fantastic, a 24 volt electric scooter some guy was running up and down on, he let me have a go! :cool:

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

ive got a mate who works on maintenance at the track he always tells me to go up as he will let me but ive never round to trying it looks like a good day out

It was a great day out Andy, if you are staying over then I highly recommend the: Melbourne View Hotel in Melbourne. Just 5 minutes from the circuit and food to die for, very nice rooms and well looked after. The landlady is called Sally, just tell her Dr Reid from London recommended you and she will look after you ;)

I wouldnt need to stay I live 20 mins away from the track, but if id get vip treatment in a hotel for a night then might make a night and take the mrs il have a look into it cheers

It was £170 inc VAT for an open pit lane MA, this included your food & drink for two people at the BBQ on the Saturday night.

Last edited:
I will make a note to give you a shout on the next one MA, I was so busy faffing about last week that I did not get time to post it up in the Meets/Shows forum. The organisers are a Saab based company but the day is open to all types of cars so you won't be all alone with your car stood over in the corner while we Saab chaps talk shop, we'll talk to anybody and welcome everybody as were just good like that and we hate car snobs, we actually like Focus RS's :lol:

Last edited:
Duly noted mate! Went for a blitz up Snakes pass with the luuurds Sunday so will try and post some of their pics up when I get hold of the tappy lappy.