Do you share your car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you share your car with anyone and what do you find the most annoying thing?

Thankfully my wife and I both have the same seat/mirror position so we don't have to keep moving them but I bet that gets annoying if you both move the seat and mirrors.

The thing that gets me is that the radio is nearly always with the fascia off. My wife puts it on when she wants to listen to it wheras I take it off when I dont. I just wish we could use the same default radio in position!:blink:

I think I wind my wife up by sticking car parking tickets to the window, she hates the smear on the glass it makes

I'm lucky cause none of my family would want to drive my car cause "it's too loud" for them lol. My dads drove it once but that was only cause his impreza needed petrol an he couldn't be bothered to fill it up. But other than that no one drives my car except me :bigsmile::bigsmile:

no i would never let any one drive my car even when it goes in the garage i tell them not to move anything as it takes days to get it back to the way it was :).prime example why, years ago i let my mates girlfriend drive my car when she was learning to drive and i nearly had a brown trouser moment as i was stupid enough to be in the passenger seat at the time lol

no i would never let any one drive my car even when it goes in the garage i tell them not to move anything as it takes days to get it back to the way it was :).prime example why, years ago i let my mates girlfriend drive my car when she was learning to drive and i nearly had a brown trouser moment as i was stupid enough to be in the passenger seat at the time lol

lol Your a braver man than me. I don't like my sisters driving and she's passed. And got an advanced drivers cert. lol Still I don't like it :toung::toung:

dont even get me started with MY sisters driving if we are driving down the road and she tries to go through a tight gap she closes her eyes and hopes for the best :(.scared the hell out of me though i was going to be knocking on the pearly gates lol.

I dont trust anyone to drive the W8 thats not me! On the other hand i'm not fussed who drives the Land Rover.

I do cringe watching my girlfriend park the landie next to the W8 though :S

Tend not to like people driving my car, seats always changed and takes ages to fix again, mirrors are usually fine tho so its not too bad, the radio station / CD been changed and not being put back bothers me at times too. Biggest problem is I usually have more diesel than others so when someone borrows my car, they take full advantage! Swines!!

i used to with the gf
adjusting my seats wasnt the problem, neither was the wing mirrors or rear veiw 1

its the clutch, GOD, she cant use 1 properly,

I;m really touchy about rims, tyres and kerbs so I usually reserve the driving seat for me. I've got a couple of mates who drive it who understand this so they're welcome to use it.

i would let any close friend or any family use my car as long as its treated with respect and as for the wing mirrors and seats being adjusted dosent really bother me as i have memory seats and wing mirrors so they go back to their original place when i open the car :D and when the mrs uses the car and opens it with the spare key the seats and mirrors adjust to her settings :toung::bigsmile:

I don't have the memory seats but the adjustment is all electric so finding a comfortable position is easy. I tend to adjust my seating during a journey anyway so who cares if someone else alters it if theydrive the car.

just a quick 1 hdi do you adjust the hight of your seat ?? the reason i ask is when i first bought my car i set the seat as high as it would go it was great for all round visibility but was very uncomfortable for me to drive in so now i drive with the seat as low as possible very comfortable but the visibility is very limited especially when reversing

is this the same with you and your car or can i put this down to me being a short arse and driving a seat ???

I can adjust the height and cushion angle of both the driver's and passenger's seat independently. This is bloody brilliant as I can get more support under the backs of my thighs and knees without actually sitting any higher.

If your car does only height adjustment I understand what you're saying. You raise the seat base but also get tipped foward at the same time. Which is very bad for back posture and comfort. At 6'4" I need all the help I can get.

i would let any close friend or any family use my car as long as its treated with respect and as for the wing mirrors and seats being adjusted dosent really bother me as i have memory seats and wing mirrors so they go back to their original place when i open the car :D and when the mrs uses the car and opens it with the spare key the seats and mirrors adjust to her settings :toung::bigsmile:
thats a good thing seat came up with

The key/driver specific thing is not new.
it is in ireland ha ha
honestly, the first time ive heard of it

(note to myself) (get with the programme john)

its a good thing though hdi, i know some people who snap when they have to adjust the seats to thier requirment