Haveing a clear out & found this, so I thought I'd share it...

Loz

Torque King
Car
MX-5
Clearing out all my old receipts from my last car & found the dyno run of my last little toy :amuse: Note, the turbo psi :blink:

SCAN0043.jpg

Standard Smart 'Pulse' is 61bhp.

903100936_16d0f9ea81.jpg

Last edited:
Standard roadsters run at about 11/15psi. I think there was a fault with the turbo actuator a replacement turbo was sent & the car was finally running at about 21/23psi & about 109 bhp in the end. :amuse:

Standard roadsters run at about 11/15psi. I think there was a fault with the turbo actuator a replacement turbo was sent & the car was finally running at about 21/23psi & about 109 bhp in the end. :amuse:

Thats awesome I used to have a fiesta Turbo an that was silly Bhp and only ran around 18-20Psi of boost....

Thing is turbo was still quite small in comparison to yours, where as you had 'proper' sized pistons mine (all three of em!) where about the same diameter as a two pound coin! so I think it was easier to squeeze a small volume of air.

Funnily in the pic the roadster in the back ground was a Brabus & I was pushing more out of mine! His went round corners better though!!! :amuse:

Thing is turbo was still quite small in comparison to yours, where as you had 'proper' sized pistons mine (all three of em!) where about the same diameter as a two pound coin! so I think it was easier to squeeze a small volume of air.

Funnily in the pic the roadster in the back ground was a Brabus & I was pushing more out of mine! His went round corners better though!!! :amuse:

Thats still good stuff. I like it.:D:D I like big boost :D:D:D:D:D

After the willy waving contest that was, 'Whats your Torque figure?' I feel the need for more boost too! :amuse: I might pinch a turbo of a passing trian when I'm at work next! :lol::lol:

After the willy waving contest that was, 'Whats your Torque figure?' I feel the need for more boost too! :amuse: I might pinch a turbo of a passing trian when I'm at work next! :lol::lol:

Get me one too.....lol I saw some Individual throttle bodies earlier on ebay. Pity they where nearly 500 quid :(:(

ooooh throttle bodies :bigsmile:
A set of new jenvey direct to head ones are about that anyway. It's always seemed to me that throttle bodies are a bit over priced, there seems to be a cool tax on them. Or maybe I'm just a tightass :lol:

I bet that did wheelies when you put your foot down.

:lol: Not quite! But a friends 200bhp MR2 engined one might! but mine did have enormous induction noise & turbo whistle for such a small engine & when you buried the throttle from the standstill the traction control would kick & it sounded like a mini rally car taking off! great fun!

That vids ace there are lots of bike engined Smarts around! There's another one of a guy just doing doughnuts everywhere that's fun to watch. Smarts-R-Us in Nottingham would build you a bike engined Smartzuki for £10,000! :amuse:

Last edited: