Do you have a dashboard camera

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Does anyone on here have a dashboard camera? It struck me that in Russia there was all that footage of the Meteor strike and most of this came from dash mounted cameras.

Hardly anyone I know has even heard of a dashboard camera so I wondered if anyone on here has one?

Why did you get one? What are the benefits of them?

Can you post up a picture of it for me (I'd like to use it in an article I'm writing)

I'd also like to know your experiences with them and if you have any buying tips or pointers?

I suppose a benefit would be that in the case of an accident, the video could be used as evidence for or against you. I suppose dash cams are popular int Russia for this reason and the fact that most Russians drive drunk. As for where to get them, a company called "GoPro" is well known for making camera's and mounts specifically for filming car and filming inside cars. Their prices are fairly reasonable too.

Last edited:
I have a Contour camera which can be mounted to my dashboard. It would be a good idea to put it on just in case anything interesting happens. Would've been brilliant on the Astra if I still had it :(