Differences between hire cars and private cars:

1. Hire cars have much stronger acceleration than private cars.

2. Hire cars can achieve much higher speeds in all gears, especially reverse.

3. Hire cars have floorpans shaped just like an ashtray.

4. Hire cars have specially painted front bumpers to resist exhaust stains from the car in front.

5. Accelerator, brake and clutch pedals are replaced by similar looking foot operated switches.

6. The parking brake is optimised to assist in fast cornering manoeuvres.

7. The engine oil does not need to be checked or changed for 500,000 miles.

8. The gear selector may be operated without engaging the clutch switch.

9. Hire cars are self cleaning.

sign0020.gif

did any one see Jackass the movie , worth watching for the rental car prank. No doubt it is on youtube

Last edited:
A fella I know rented a car for a day,used it at DONINGTON PARK for a track day,then returned it.Needless to say it needed new tyres.:lol:

10/10 for style to that fella. I wouldn't have done it but, well, why not?

What was the car in question?

+1.. well at least for the question, now I'm tempted to get a hire car and take it to a track day

anyways I laughed bigtime reading that opening post,

but it's soooo true though, I had a hire car when my neighbor reversed into mine
I had a brand new toyota yaris 1.4 turbo diesel, it had 60 miles on it (yes that's six-zero miles only!), and I had it about 4 days and returned it with about 300 miles on it, considering I only lived about 2 miles from work, but one thing about it though, it absolutely refused to use fuel, and I ragged the nuts off it (as you do)

I'm really very gentle with rental cars. In 1998 I rented a Golf GTi (nice one, 8 valve 2.0) with only TWO miles on it. Didn't have the heart to be rough on it.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back