Desperate wife - pls help!!!!!!!!!

X

xxslkxx

Hi all,
Am desperately seeking some advice! My husband is a crazy car changer - has been through six in the last year and a half (Citroen C4, VolvoV50, Volvo XC90, Mercedes CLS350, Nissan Pathfinder,Nissan) - so we have a good idea of a range of cars. Thing is, and he is doing my head in, he is so picky - he finds faults with most cars (usually correct, but things that others may not consider major enough to change a car for!)

He is currently looking to buy an 56 reg Audi A4 1.8T cabriolet - and was wondering if anyone can help me in finding faults and dismissing them before he finds them (sometimes in his head! lol sorry). I LOVE Audis and would love him to keep this, so could someone let me know the common faults with this car/age so I can research them immediately.

Please help ASAP as he is planning on tomorrow PM. Thank you all in advance xx

Last edited by a moderator:
They are good cars, I think these were the last of the 1.8T models before the TFSi engine came in.

The engines are very good but there is an oil sludge issue if the wrong type of oil is used or it's not changed. Check for a full service history and if not done by Audi find out what type of oil was used.

Other than that they are pretty solid cars with few faults.

Hi XX dono if thats going to help though, I'm not convinced it's the faults that make him change cars so often, I've known a few people in my life that change cars that often and worse, it may very well just be something you need to make peace with. But I could be wrong and I wish you all the best.

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

I think its one of those things that happen!!!,one of my sons changes cars like his underwear he,s got a different one whenever i see him,i do like audi,s as far as i know they are a very good car,robust,reliable etc,as with any car oil changes should be regular,good luck and welcome to the forum!!

Maybe too late now but know the water pumps fail unless it has the metal impeller as the plastic ones are prone to breaking. However if he is a serial changer then the only answer is to have your own car and let him get on with it! My wife used to moan at how frequent I used to change until she passed the test and we had our own cars.