Debris & small obstructions in the road.

While driving home from work today I stopped at a set of traffic lights, ahead of me was about 10 or so cars. When the lights changed we pulled away, about 300 yards further ahead lying in the road was a broken lump of farm equipment, a 4 foot bar of steel that looked like the Jolly Green Giant's nit comb. If you hit it, it would really have spoilt your day.

What surprised me was that no one stopped to move it they just drove round it.

It took me about a minute out of my journey to find a safe place to pull over & move the nit comb out of harm.

This isn't the first time it's happened to me either, what I don't understand is why people are happy to drive around, leave hazards in the road & carry on driving? :confused:

While driving home from work today I stopped at a set of traffic lights, ahead of me was about 10 or so cars. When the lights changed we pulled away, about 300 yards further ahead lying in the road was a broken lump of farm equipment, a 4 foot bar of steel that looked like the Jolly Green Giant's nit comb. If you hit it, it would really have spoilt your day.

What surprised me was that no one stopped to move it they just drove round it.

It took me about a minute out of my journey to find a safe place to pull over & move the nit comb out of harm.

This isn't the first time it's happened to me either, what I don't understand is why people are happy to drive around, leave hazards in the road & carry on driving? :confused:

where did you place the nit comb???

the fact is brits are in general a selfish and arrogant race!!!
sad i know but true

In a tractor. :amuse:
Just as I retrieved it a farmer come past saw it & pulled over.

yeah right

loz is a fly tipper loz is a fly tipper loz is a fly tipper loz is a fly tipper loz is a fly tipper loz is a fly tipper loz is a fly tipper loz is a fly tipper loz is a fly tipper loz is a fly tipper loz is a fly tipper loz is a fly tipper loz is a fly tipper loz is a fly tipper loz is a fly tipper:amuse:

:lol::lol::lol:

But aha! Had I put in the boot the farmer might have accused me of theft! :lol:

Next thing I come across I'll be sure to drop it in your front garden! :toung:

But aha! Had I put in the boot the farmer might have accused me of theft! :lol:

Next thing I come across I'll be sure to drop it in your front garden! :toung:

as long as its not a metro im fine with that:amuse:

I once went booting down one of the lanes near me and half way round a fairly fast corner I came across what looked like flat packed kitchen cupboards.:blink:
Hit the brakes hard but couldn't stop for them so I tried to hit as little as possible. Got through them without damage thankfully. Couldn't stop and move the said items as there was a car following me and it was on an unlit country lane. So I pulled up when it was safe and phoned the local police station and asked them to come out and remove the debris as it was very hazzardous.

I've moved stuff from the roads but I've stopped the traffic behind me. People get a bit grumpy at first but when they work out what I'm up to they live with it.

In the October hurricane there were branches and other debris all over the road. 99% of drivers were content to just slalom around it all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back