Could you pass your driving test again?

MasterAuron

Very Senior Member
Car
Mk1 Focus RS
As above. Do you think that if you had to sit your driving test again tomorrow you could pass it? Could you pass it driving how you do day-to-day?

I don't think I could :lol: I mean, I think I could pass it if I "tryed" to pass it but if I just went and drove how I do normally, I don't think I could. I'm not saying I'm an unsafe driver or anything; it's just some of techniques and ways of doing things you have to do to pass your test, you never do again.

Last edited:
I think I could but I'd need to swot up a bit. The theory test did not exist and I've forgotton all those essential things you need to have in your memory when driving like the stopping distance at 70mph in feet!:eek:

Yes.

A couple of years ago I had to do a driving course for work, to show I could handle a vehicle correctly, which was pretty similar to a driving test.

The theory test is mostly questions about how alcohol doesn't make you an awesome driver and the govments new pass plus scheme is amazing.

Oh and I got about 5 questions which amounted to You have just run over a motorcyclist do you kick him while he's down or call an ambulance.

Last edited:
I'm taking the test for an uk license, i already have a romanian one. I think I'll take it in the autumn though. I haven't driven any RHD yet , but i'm used with shifting gears for my sister with the left hand when she was driving and i was on the right side lol. As for actual rhd traffic ... well i barely got used to looking to the right first when crossing the street.

I'm taking the test for an uk license, i already have a romanian one. I think I'll take it in the autumn though. I haven't driven any RHD yet , but i'm used with shifting gears for my sister with the left hand when she was driving and i was on the right side lol. As for actual rhd traffic ... well i barely got used to looking to the right first when crossing the street.

Hadn't thought of that. I hope that the examiners will take into consideration your experience up until now and won't demand the exact same methods they might expect of a brand new driver.

What I don't understand is why the UK should require you to sit a test.

Romania is part of the EU so Britain's driver licensing authority (DVLA) should accept your Romanian EU license without question.

This country is so bloody self centered and xenophobic.

Why on Earth did you choose to come to Britain?

I will only take the tests to benefit from cheaper insurance, i might as well drive with my other license here. Also if i have an uk license i can take advanced driving lessons which hopefully will result in a decent insurance premium.

As for why i chose to come to Britain, well there are some good universities, cheap cars , even cheaper parts, there are tracks and track days, better roads which won't ruin your car (i know this is arguable, but trust me , you haven't seen the roads in romania) and good mechanics (back in romania some smart guys from a service destroyed my cylinder head trying to change a sparkplug...and that was some sort of renowned garage lol)

Anyway , I'm sure any of you guys would do fine in a drive test , in my opinion german and british drivers are the most mannered and responsible I've ever met. I wouldn't feel comfortable driving without a rollcage in other countries.

I had the pleasure of taking an extended re-test a little while ago, having had to re-take my theory test. The test lasted 90 minutes and i got 7 minors, knowing how to drive and knowing how to pass driving test are two totally different disciplines, i think anyone could do it if they remembered how shiz it is not having a license lol!

dont think i would pass again, theory yes, practical doubtful. took me 3 attempts, failed 1st- driving too slow. was going 40 on a 60 road. didnt notice the sign lol. 2nd fail- speeding. 40 in a 30. passed on my 3rd yay lol. should of failed though. cocked up my reverse park and i asked if i could do it again, he said yes and that was the end of that 12 years ago.

had the same examiner 3 times aswell.

but imo i am a better driver than 12 years ago.

Hi, Back from hols and see these threads!!
I am replying in general to all so no names or packdrill
I DO consider myself to be one of the better drivers in UK (not best!!)
But , to those guys who are convinced or believe that they WOULD pass then I would quote what a Police trainer said. "You can slate a mans' wife & family but you CANNOT slate his car OR his driving!!"
One guy states that he still drives the ?official?? way Whats that. Many rules & techniques have changed over the years. Methods of instruction have changed too. In my day I had to teach pupils to change down approaching traffic lights (and elsewhere!) Now it seems that it is allowable to arrive still in 4th, keep car in gear under contorl (yes) and ready for the off. How many drivers do you see with foot on brakes? Even on a level surface!
All of us (generally) believe that we are brilliant behind the wheel and though there just MAY be Britains Best Driver out there if we are honest we would probably ALL fail another Test even on some technicality or (what we see) minor infringement.
Anyway I AM glad to be back as I encountered a couple of loonies who couldnt pass a Test!! On indicating left on a R/about then cut straight in front of me to go right. He also had the temerity to honk at my honk!!
Just yesterday (9th Aug) some fool dropped off a passenger then though indicating moved out directly in front of me to cross divider to opposite carriageway.
I thought my S1600 was distinctive?? Seems its invisible!!!!!!!