Corner cutters

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Had a couple of corner cutters who nearly had the front of my car by turning into the road I was in, but were nowhere near there side of the road.

Is it the season for corner cutters then? I hope none of us ever cut the corners.

happenend to me bout a month ago with a fireman who lives opposite my mother, blaming me saying i overshot the corner and speeding 20mph, and he cuts the corner. bit of both i think :embarrest:

Are we talking about when your turing in to the right hand side? I always tend to give loads of room.

Tell you what I hate, is swingers! (No not that type!) But the people who drive tiny cars, but when they turn they go the oposite way first then turn the correct way, as if they were driving an artic!

Always makes me laugh!

If you are a swinger, I was driving a long wheel based van the other day, and I didn't have to swing, so PACK IT IN!!! :p

Thats the type BBJ!

Is that manoever not essential to perform a true scandinavian flick?

I did one once and nearly aquaplaned off the road! Tis tricky in the wet!

Last edited:
tried to do that in the wet aswell wayne lol
was goin some aswel and ended up spining like torvil and dean lmao :lol:
havent tried it since, i wonder why lol

Hi Joe.
You made me reminesce with this
When I was an ADI (1970-4) I had a middle aged woman who always used to swing on turning but to left in this case
After a couple of lessons I asked her why
It seems that one of her 'instructors' (possibly a friend?) was, or had been a busdriver. Apparently it is necessary for a bus to make that swing to get its length round without mounting the pavement (bus drivers confirm???:lol:Other type of 'swingers' are those who appear to be turning left by positioning who then go to the right.
Are we talking about when your turing in to the right hand side? I always tend to give loads of room.

Tell you what I hate, is swingers! (No not that type!) But the people who drive tiny cars, but when they turn they go the opposite way first then turn the correct way, as if they were driving an artic!

Always makes me laugh!

If you are a swinger, I was driving a long wheel based van the other day, and I didn't have to swing, so PACK IT IN!!! :p

I have a corner just off my street, i always go that way to work and everytime i get near it i see someone speeding round it cutting the corner, damn morons need to look at the lines on the road... or hopefully a truck will be coming the other way one day and they'l learn

Theres a road like this near me as well! They should just ban right turns altogether in towns. Now that would make driving interesting.