Coolant Question

auds2

Torque Junkie
Car
AUDI A3 8v 1.6 TDI
Morning Guys,
Has anyone on here tried this K-Seal stuff for coolant leaks?
I know its not the best idea but i just dont have the time to sort it out proppa.
I know its not head gasket as i have done sniff test so thats all good.
I just a quick fix for a month or so until im not so busy and can sort it out.

Any input would be fantastic.
Cheers|B

You can get internal HG leaks - any sign of oil levels rising or steam from exhaust?

K Seal is likely to cause further problems in the long term. Try something a little less ferocious in the first instant - cheap Radweld perhaps??

I put K seal in a rover 416 about 5 years ago with a coolant leak, my wife ran the car for a couple of years, we then sold the car to a friend of the family and I still see it driving about now and again (well I last saw it just before Christmas) and as far as I'm aware it's still fine.

Based on the head gasket history of the rover K series engine thats pretty amazing :woot:

That's why it's called K-Seal !!!

Seriously though, you GTTDi is going to put much harsher demands on the cooling system that a K series so be cautious.

Harsher: Your GTTDi will create a lot more surplus heat than a naturally aspirated petrol K series motor. If the sealant bonds in places where it shouldn't the possibility of localised hot-spots is much higher. This can cause head warping or even cracking.