clio engine swap

cLaSs1c MiNi

Car
Renault clio 1.2
im 18, and ive got a renault clio 1.2 authentique (probably quite bad compared to most of you out there). im off to uni and hoping to do mechanical engineering (maybe getting into a f1 team ;)).

just wondering, what engine size can i put in the front of the clio, what specific engines can be put in there and what skills are required to do it?? ive been looking a lot about engine swaps and seemed to like the vtec classic minis. im looking for something familiar to that.
i dont think time is important seen as though i can build a car for a project at uni.

been looking all over the net, but cant find much. help is appreciated.

cheers,

dan

hey and welcome to the site.

dunno what size engine as the clios a smallish car im thinking the 2 ltr will prob be the biggest.
just had a look for a pic of the engine bay, 2ltr does looked stuck in there. plenty of room behind it but looks tight longitudinal.

hey and welcome to the site.

dunno what size engine as the clios a smallish car im thinking the 2 ltr will prob be the biggest.
just had a look for a pic of the engine bay, 2ltr does looked stuck in there. plenty of room behind it but looks tight longitudinal.

Yes mate your right there. My sisters Clio is the 182 and the engine does really take up most of the engine bay. I'm sure that I've seen someone cram a V6 in there though. I'll do some digging.

they do do a v6 clio have never been in one or tested one but they had to make the engine bay bigger for it but you can get a 2ltr in it just

and welcome you been to collage or worked in a garage yet as you needfirst hand at the job and coming away with smashed up hands
amount of times my hand were smashed in my first year of being at the garage but now it does not happen so much well saying that i have no skin on my knucals on my right hand and you do loose a lot of blood lol

is it did not know that i know that they did not have any abs or traction control
as when i was at collage was a kid there work for renault and he said that they were quick but as long as you dont want to stop your ok

i nearly did that today just coming back from a pontiac meet roofs off music going and a evo come behind me then was in the other lane that i needed to be in anyway we was sort of racing down a hill i was not going as fast as he was my brakes are not as good but hit a pot hole back end jumped and started going side ways down the hill doing a bit of speed

just to say i slowed down ater that lol