civic 2.2 vtec problems

GTLUPO

Hi i have a civic EG with a Prelude 2.2 vtec engine. But the problem is when it gets down to around half a tank of petrol it starts to splutter and loose power and eventually it will cut out i've been told to put a bigger fuel pump in it which i did its a walbro 255 litres per hour and i have a fuel pressure regulator but yet it still does it. And the only other thing is every now and then when you boot it the engine light comes on and the vtec stops working.

cheers Bobby:evil:

but the 2.2 cant lose the baby 1.6

hence why im trying to sort out my fueling problem cuz then i can set it up properly and all your be is this white dot in my rear view mirror and i'll more than likely mistake you for bird poo on my rear window

Sounds to me like its a fuel pickup issue. The Subarus had a similar problem on sweeping bends. The other thing to test is fro an air lock. If you remove the filler cap when this happens does it suck in air? Does the problem go away for a bit after you relase the fuel cap? If so it will be the petrol tank breather valve sticking.

I got told to loosen off the filler cap so it lets air in but if it is my breather do you no where abouts it would be or shall i just drop the tank and change all the hoses

cheers bobby

Somewhere along the fuel line between the filler and the tank would be my guess. It is pobably easier to replace all hoses though.