Car safety - does it matter to you

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I think we all live under the "it'll never happen to me illusion" which is why we give car safety little consideration and we still haven't written out a will!

Does car safety matter much to you? Do you know what your cars NCAP rating is? Do you care?

personaly i aint bothered.

when your times up, it's up.
but i allways make sure my car is safe for passengers.

As I've got older I've started to get more conscious of a car's safety. THere was a time I'd accept a lift in a Renault 5 without thinking once. Now I'd not go near one.

Having had a serious RTA (and walked away with little more than bruises and chafing from theairbags) a couple of weeks back it's now paramount in my mind.

people still die or get seriously hurted in a 5 star rating saftey car

so i would be more worried about the up-keep of my car than having a 5 star saftey 1
checking your car for defaults weekly is a life safer in itself, (i think anyway)
tyres are the most important saftey feature on any car

people still die or get seriously hurted in a 5 star rating saftey car

so i would be more worried about the up-keep of my car than having a 5 star saftey 1
checking your car for defaults weekly is a life safer in itself, (i think anyway)
tyres are the most important saftey feature on any car

Totally agree. I'm neurotic about tyres, pressures and alignment.

think my cars a 3 to be honest i dont really car about the ncap safety rating but do keep an eye on tyres and brakes. do the same with mums work van brakes and wheels are checked every month and measurements noted down to look for uneven wear