Car makers you would like to go bust

HDi fun

TC ModFather
Car
Passat 2.0 TDi
Re: Which 2 exotic car makes should survive

Weve done a few threads on car makers you'd like to see survive the recession.

A thread for the car makers which would we like to see go bust? :)

Which car makers would you like to see going bust and why?

Last edited by a moderator:
Without wishing misfortune on employees and suppliers I'd be happy to see Vauxhall go the same way as its parent company.

After that I'd happily see Peugeot dead since they closed the Ryton plant in Coventry a couple of years ago.

Peugeot, Citroen and Renault.

Never had a good experience in any of these three marques :(

Peugeot, Citroen and Renault.

Never had a good experience in any of these three marques :(

I've never owned a Peugeot but ditto to the rest! The Renault I had was my first brand new car and had so many things wrong with it I wished I'd known about 'rejection'. The Citroen C4 VTS diesel is easily the least reliable car I've EVER had, and the first one to leak oil on my drive for about 20 years.

tbh i wouldn't like to see any car manufacturer go bust not just cause of the jobs and the people who make parts for them
its just a case of imo every car out there has a buyer and a place!!!!
us on a forum may not like them but there is a market for all the crap out there (gwizz and smart springs to mind)

There are certain brands that deserve it - even if the entire group shouldn't go under.

SAAB for example. What have they done thats exciting or driving their market forwards recently? Nothing.. You seldom see an advert for an exciting saab, or a saab at all in fact. They seem stuck in their boring old ways.

Jaguar nearly went the same way, but they have managed to pull a few exciting things out of the bag recently. They're not setting the world on fire with new models - but they've begun to see the error of their ways I think...

There are certain brands that deserve it - even if the entire group shouldn't go under.

SAAB for example. What have they done thats exciting or driving their market forwards recently? Nothing.. You seldom see an advert for an exciting saab, or a saab at all in fact. They seem stuck in their boring old ways.

Jaguar nearly went the same way, but they have managed to pull a few exciting things out of the bag recently. They're not setting the world on fire with new models - but they've begun to see the error of their ways I think...

I could agree with that mate.