Car Accessories/Modifications - Which would you ban?

old-git

Car
Elan & Robin Hood
If you could ban the fitting of ONE accessory/modification to cars, which would it be?

Me, I think it would be stretched tyres. Bloody dangerous, IMO.

Good question,

for me it would be HiD Lights fitted as standard, I'm forever being blinded by oncoming traffic, especially new BMW's and Mercs, but it does make me want a set so I can join in though, is that a bad thing?

for me it would be HiD Lights fitted as standard, I'm forever being blinded by oncoming traffic, especially new BMW's and Mercs,

Snap. Audi's too. Nothing frustrates me more. Last thing you want when getting up and driving to Coventry at 6:15am or Oldbury at 5:30am is some nobber coming up behidn you with lights bright enough to blind the sun.

Electric Superchargers! it's amazing how many new members come onto TC asking about this rubbish! :blink:

Electric Superchargers! it's amazing how many new members come onto TC asking about this rubbish! :blink:

i asked:embarrest: only out of interest, 200 quid for one is ridicoulous, just wondered if they actually did anything

i would ban big after market spoilers like this one

car-spoiler-black.gif

i asked:embarrest: only out of interest, 200 quid for one is ridicoulous, just wondered if they actually did anything

i would ban big after market spoilers like this one

car-spoiler-black.gif

Nothing derogatory aimed at you in the slightest Massive :lol:
Tust me we have all made some howling mistakes along the way that's for sure! :bigsmile:

If you could ban the fitting of ONE accessory/modification to cars, which would it be?

Me, I think it would be stretched tyres. Bloody dangerous, IMO.

The reverse horn!!!!!

We have this little irritating gadget which plays all sorts of tunes, including "Bollywood" songs and curse words every time the car is thrown into reverse.

At 0300 hrs. someone back from a night out, reversing into his driveway, blatantly forgets that others are sleeping, and then gets riled when the neighbors reverse out of their driveways at 0800 hrs, blaring similar noise...

Its so fantastic to watch the arguments, that it stops being funny, to the extent that either you sit and ponder like Socrates, or go out and slap them both!

I wanna ban these, 'coz instead of affecting the people they are meant for, 'coz they do not take any cognizance anyways,they just disturb the others!!!!!!

Last edited:
M3 mirrors on anything but an M3, BMW or otherwise.

There's about 5 million supposed M3's in Brackley, far more than BMW ever made. These are the very rare 4 cylinder E36 ones as well :)

Totally agree - most of the ones here have the rims and the gearknob decals as well.

Some have even fitted fake tail pipes.

How sad is that?

Very! You can fit the M3 exhaust but the diameter is just too big for the little 4 pot.

We should burn these cars to the ground so they don't make the rest of us BMW owners look bad!

Totally agree - most of the ones here have the rims and the gearknob decals as well.

Some have even fitted fake tail pipes.

How sad is that?

To those car modifying assassins out there! I say this, do it right or don't do it all ;)

Very! You can fit the M3 exhaust but the diameter is just too big for the little 4 pot.

We should burn these cars to the ground so they don't make the rest of us BMW owners look bad!

It will take more than that :)

They do fit pipes, but they're fake tail pipes thus not sodding up the little bit of performance that the 316/318 models have.

To Prince, I really do not want to be part of the 'us BMW owners' (your words, not mine) club.

Not to say that you shouldn't enjoy yours, please do so - they are well built, reliable and driveable, if unimaginitive, cars. Mine is pleasant enough, very quiet and lively enough for daily usage. It'll do me/us/this family fine for a couple of years or more.

But I hate BM bloody double U's for the image that the badge projects.

It will take more than that :)

Haha!

They do fit pipes, but they're fake tail pipes thus not sodding up the little bit of performance that the 316/318 models have.

To Prince, I really do not want to be part of the 'us BMW owners' (your words, not mine) club.

Not to say that you shouldn't enjoy yours, please do so - they are well built, reliable and driveable, if unimaginitive, cars. Mine is pleasant enough, very quiet and lively enough for daily usage. It'll do me/us/this family fine for a couple of years or more.

But I hate BM bloody double U's for the image that the badge projects.

I think once you get past the business men and bluetooth headsets and get involved with BMW clubs you realise that hardly any of them are like that. It's a case of the minority making the majority look bad.

As for the image, I wouldn't let it bother you. They all drive Audis now! :lol:

I know most BMW owners don't drive in the stereotypical BMW way but the problem is that most people don't know this. :eek:

And if they were to elect to buy one at some point they then proceed to drive it in exactly the stereotypical way.

Not planning to join any clubs - I'm not an enthusiast as such, just a user.

I do agree as well that Audi has perhaps become the new BMW.