can any1 help

hey dudes
i aquired a set of pioneer 6x9's about 240 watts holy crap the bass is
like bloody ampified thunder god its bloody well loud im just running them of
my head unit, also da guy who i got them of has put them in a high quality
sub box and filled it with fluffy foamy stuff the clarity is really good
fantastic sound i dont even think i need a sub now!!!

hey every1 erm as you know i have a set of 6x9's in my car and now
when i turned on my head unit a loud horrible buzzing sound comes
out of the them and on my head it says USB failure and they dont work
my front door speakers work no probz but the 6x9's wont work you know
like everything plays fine the radio works the USB input works and the cd
player works but there is no sound coming out my 6x9's any ideas any1
would appreciate anything you can tell me.
the connection from the speakers as far as i can tell are fine
any1 got an idea??
ta.

sounds like theyve been wired in wrong mate, can you post up a pic of your wiring,

did you replace your rear speakers with the 6x9s or did you wire them into the head unit

I'm not sure they are wired wrong, they have been perfect for months and months
and then just one day they kind of went titts up.
The way they are wired i guess straight from the head the original speaker cable
that runs through various panels and straight in to the speakers.
i have checked all of the conecters they seem fine, like no dodgy wires or anything.
hhmmm a tough one if i was take it to a shop they may be able to give me a diagnostic
but they probable want bloody paying theiving spanish buggers.

I'm not sure they are wired wrong, they have been perfect for months and months
and then just one day they kind of went titts up.
The way they are wired i guess straight from the head the original speaker cable
that runs through various panels and straight in to the speakers.
i have checked all of the conecters they seem fine, like no dodgy wires or anything.
hhmmm a tough one if i was take it to a shop they may be able to give me a diagnostic
but they probable want bloody paying theiving spanish buggers.

Sounds like a head unit failure to me mate.

god that doesnt sound good,
im gona take the head out and chack all the wireing make sure
that its fine.
im sure it is but i guess it cant hurt anything.
thanks for the help ill keep you updated about it.

nope never had an amp all i have running is a set of 130 watt door speakers in the front(wich work fine?) and a set of 6x9's in the back wich now dont work?

get this i went out this morning in me car put me stereo on and it didnt make that
wierd buzzing noise and it worked fine for about 10 seconds went down my drive
and then made the buzzing and said USB failure and once again front speakers fine
back ones off!!
bloody well anoying get a nice bassey tune lined up because i thought it was back
to normal then ''B''ZZZ''ZZ'ZZ'' back to the pants door speakers.
bloody hell

well i took my head unit out re-wired it all and nothing changed so i tryed one of the
6x9's in the front and it worked fine, so i put one of the door speakers in the back
and it made the same buzzing noise so im guessing i have blown one of my outputs so i am down
to 3 channels now, i think ill get rid of the 6x9's if its gonna cost me another channel.

No one is going to beleve it, again i took my head unit out disconected everything
went back to the book, re-wired it all according to the book put it all back and would
you beleve it, back to bloody normal i dont know what on earth happned but hey
im happy back up to full power????
full channels no buzzing how the hell ? lol

well i have got rid of the 6x9's so now i have to put up with a pants sound!!
i have the pioneers in the front (wich don't sound too bad) no bottom end tho
and in the back the original speakers wich were in the car so yeah back to a pants
sound, like when your driving down a quiet road and you just want to put on
some DMX to get some propper bass i would just crank it up a bit but now you crank
it and all you get is an empty noise lol sok when i get me new car im going to go
seriose I.C.E amps on top of amps wont be quite yet tho.

yes i think it has, well in the back of the head it has a red and white phono in-put
but im not sure i cant remember but i thought it said sub not sure it don't matter anyway
i haven't got the 6x9s anymore.but i will be definatly be taking my head unit with me
because where i am going im not sure what the what prices will be.

hey guys
you know on newish cars mostly where the head unit is theres quite a big panel with maybe
a display an onli a few buttons for the stereo is it easy to take out that stereo and wire my
xplode head to the car?i ask because if i do take out the original car stereo will there be a great big whole there?
i know most cars nowa days have pretty good systems but i like my head unit
let us know cheerz.

hey guys
you know on newish cars mostly where the head unit is theres quite a big panel with maybe
a display an onli a few buttons for the stereo is it easy to take out that stereo and wire my
xplode head to the car?i ask because if i do take out the original car stereo will there be a great big whole there?
let us know cheerz.

You can buy a Fascia plate that the head unit goes into and it covers the rest of the hole up.

yes but on some cars theres a huge hole where the old stereo would have been like 4 inch tall what would you do about that?
because you want the head unit to be nice an secure, unless maybe you could mount it somewhere else?

you mean something the size of this
for a volvo s60
100208.jpg

they leave a din sized panel or the headunit to it in.

you could move it else where but where are you going to move it to without having it out of reach ?
the only one that ive seen that was realy usable was someone had hacked there sunblind and fitted the faceplate in there and ran wire to the headunit that, iirc, was in the glovebox. only reason it worked pretty well was it had mp3 capabilitys and had a 10 disc changer in the boot

you mean something the size of this
for a volvo s60
100208.jpg

they leave a din sized panel or the headunit to it in.

you could move it else where but where are you going to move it to without having it out of reach ?
the only one that ive seen that was realy usable was someone had hacked there sunblind and fitted the faceplate in there and ran wire to the headunit that, iirc, was in the glovebox. only reason it worked pretty well was it had mp3 capabilitys and had a 10 disc changer in the boot

Thats the Facia plate I was talking about aswell PG. I've seen someone move the stereo to down the right hand side of the steering wheel.

hey guys
let us know cheerz.

Alright there buddy. Did you manage to sort anything out?

i am still considering buying a car i just was wondering if it was possible to use my head unit in a certain car other wise i'de probably sell it.
but i goda bloody rent a car for a month or so for work because i cant yet afford one.

Sup guys,
Well im renting a car a Chevrolet Aveo 4 door saloon i put in my head unit in and holy #!#!#!#!!! the standard speakers in this car are propper good the bass-line is well heavy i tell you something there almost as good as the 6X9's i had in spain and they were like 200 watts lol explain that one.

Some car makers do install a decent set of speakers! Glad you're happy with them.

A lot of speaker quality has to do with the strength of the magnets and quality of the coil.

Also surely it must have something to do with the pre-amp in my head unit?
because before with the old unit that was in well it sounded okay but nothing compared to now.
yep very pleased with my system at the mo but i need to save some cash to buy my own car so i can put a real system in.
Also is it true that they put quite good amps in expensive cars as standard?
if so i'll shoot down to the scrappy and find a nice merc or something and whip the amp out?

not just as simple as that mate. for started i doubt youl find a nice newer s class in there thats not already been emptied.
2nd is that these amps can be hardwired into the standard head unit and without alot of tinkering couldnt work with an aftermarket one