Car
Elan & Robin Hood
Looked at Jeep Grand Cherokee
Looked at Mitsubishi Shogun, L200 etc
Loooked at Ford Ranger, etc
Looked at Toyota Hilux Surf
Looked at blah, blah, blah.

Bought Chevrolet Blazer LT

cant beat a chevy i was looking at one of these before the 2nd trans am but if i was going to have one has to be lhd

cant beat a chevy i was looking at one of these before the 2nd trans am but if i was going to have one has to be lhd

I have a LHD Merc Motorhome. No problem as don't overtake anything in it :) Wouldn't like a LHD car in this country as it makes driving less safe, IMO (certainly doesn't make it any safer)

Hey you got the wild card! What swayed it for you? What are your thoughts on the car?

Bit early for objective opinion, but subjectively:

We both gravitate towards the unusal. On a trip to Northampton yesterday, saw hundreds of Jeeps and Shoguns, but not a single Blazer.

It is black, very clean, seats comfortable but firm. Better quality plastic when compared to Jeep and Shogun.

Smoother lines. not quite so big.

PETROL :)

Sounds like a small V8 rather than a truck.

Makes leafing though the Summit catalogue more interesting :)

It was only 8 miles from home :)

It ISN'T a ricer!

This specimen handles better than a standard version due in part to the wider stance casued by 18" wheels giving it a wider track. This seems to have reduced the wallowing American trucks are renouned for. It is also fitted with bigger front discs and Corvette calipers so stops very quickly.

Back seats fold down flush (the Jeep's don't) and the tailgate is split like the Range Rover. Makes working from back better (no risk of hitting head on overhead tailgate).

Jeep is permanent 4WD. Blazer has 2WD for normal driving, resulting in improved economy along with various 4WD options for different ground conditions.

Cheaper than comparable Jeep or Shogun. Looked at a black Jeep. Year younger but with a lot more miles on clock. Warped front disc. Driver's heated seat not working. A/C needed re-ghassing (at least). Covered in small paint chips. Large dent in front bumper and graze on rear one. Went for £400 more than the Blazer :)

I was nervous right up to parting with the money - were we doing the right thing? Should we stick with the herd? Looked out of the bedroom window this morning and thiought - Yes, good call. Time will tell whether that remains the case.

I've driven a few LHDs in Britain and it is hard work. Especially with a manual box.

Which engine do you have in the Grand?

If you are talking to me, HD, the Blazer has the 4.3 V6 Vortec with Auto box.

I have a LHD Merc Motorhome. No problem as don't overtake anything in it :) Wouldn't like a LHD car in this country as it makes driving less safe, IMO (certainly doesn't make it any safer)

there are some times on some turns its a bit unsave but normal driving i never have a proplem only thing i would say is the worst thing having a lhd is underground car parks as you cant reach the ticket
and the dartford crossing as they dont lean out of there box to get the money but have a dart tag now so saves a lot of time
but is fun

and you dont see many blazers i see one about 2-3 times a week drive past the garage but its the only one i see thats a rhd as well

Which engine and trans is this,

Would it be the 4.3L/90 V6? with the 4L60-E?

This place is full of them if you need a parts source.

Last edited:
Which engine and trans is this,

Would it be the 4.3L/90 V6? with the 4L60-E?

This place is full of them if you need a parts source.

4.3 V6 Vortec with Auto box. I will keep you in mind if I get stuck, thanks.