Biggest surprise on a bend

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is the biggest surprise you've ever had round a blind corner?

I came around a bend once to find a lorry doing a u-turn across the road. I had to brake and swerve across the road to avoid him.

It was a lesson to me that you may need to stop dead and should always ensure your stopping distance is at least as far as you can see ahead.

i came round a very sharp bend luckily i was goin pretty slow and the there is a bloody sheep stood on my side of the road staring at me! stupid thing, wouldnt even move just stood there

had a jacknifed big rig on morning on my way from san diego to phoenix. came around the corner and all i saw was trailer. not a fun experience. no injuries though so thats good

I was on a busy 50mph country road (a dangerous one at that, normaly two or three bad accidents a year on the twelve mile stretch) a car was on the exit of a sweeping left bend. I was so concerned I pulled into a side road for the local waterworks & ran back to the car thinking that the car had just broken down & the owner could do with a hand moving it, when I spoke to the guy in the car he told me the car had over heated & he was just waiting for it to cool down before continuing home! :blink: I couldn't believe my ears. I politely pointed out that, perhaps waiting where I parked my car off the main road, was a safer place to be. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
On a country road having a horse transporter thingy (not a box trailer) taking up most of the road and having to squeeze between a bush and said transporter :/