bi16a2 power output

wez houston

Car
1997 ek4 1.6 vti
hello guys ans gals! just purchased a 1997 ek4 vti civic and am very pleased with the car it has a hks exhaust system hks 4 branch and decat, aem fuel rail, a dc sports cold air induction and a spoon ecu, been told it has cams aswell but am yet 2 take the lid off and find out! anyway my querie is i was at a rollin road day on sat there and my power output was 162bhp at the flywheel and 132bhp at the wheels which i don't understand should it not be more? or does the dyno lie? dont get me wrong the car is very sharp and very quick 2 and i know wat power feels like as i just sold my evo!

reali confused here any help would be very appreciated!

hi mate,
the car has alot done to it, and for that, should have more
the standard vti when new is 160 bhp, but honda lose 1 bhp for every year they age
but i mean thats only 11 bhp, you should get near enough to that with t5he hks alone

has it been serviced before it went on the rolling rd??
was the oil level correct???

these would contribute to having an effect on the vtec
and its when vtec kicks in is when you get your so called bhp

example 162 bhp @ 5,800 rpm

the only other thing i can say is its down to how the car was looked after from day 1
but if the car is sweet, possible the dyno can lie,
in that case bring it somewhere else

Thanks chum!

as i say i only got the car last week tho ive checked the oil and its still nice and gold tho sayin that if it wasn't the rite oil would that make a difference? if so do u know wat oil wud be best? the wee car looks like its bin cherished all its life, i have worked on cars since i left school 9 years ago doin bodywork but ive done my fair share of mechanical work over the years and i know a good engine and it seems fine!

are they 160 at the wheels standard? i was expectin somethin like 175 would have made me happier like!

The B16A2 is 160 bhp on the fly. 160 on the fly will be about 130 down at the wheels. This is because not all of the power a car has is actually transferred to the wheels. As for the reading of 162 bhp with those mods. That doesn't quite sound right to me. Providing the car has been serviced properly then it could be the exhaust. If it's a big bore (or stupidly oversized for the car) then it can actually restrict the car and produce less power.

oil woudnt make any differance no matter what brand
in future though use castrol magnatec 10w40, i swear by it

as prince says about the exhaust, id look at that next
vtecs do need some bit of back pressure to work at its peak
all i can say mate, is start with the small things anyway, because with them mods, it should be up bhp, check the induction kit next, that might need to changed even fitted properly
you'll know yourself once you start fiddling with it, im no mechanic but i know my own car, if you know what i mean

cheers mate its good 2 hear a few qpinions like, magnatec 10w40 thats wat i used in my glanza all the years i had it and it never let me down, get er in 4 a service this week then! hopfully speak soon!

cheers mate its good 2 hear a few qpinions like, magnatec 10w40 thats wat i used in my glanza all the years i had it and it never let me down, get er in 4 a service this week then! hopfully speak soon!
yeah its good stuff alright, i love the smooth starts in the mornings

anyway welcome mate, get posting past 10 and get some pictures on here