Best car show on TV

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What do you think would be the best car show on TV?

How would you improve it?

TOPGEAR
5th GEAR
Pimp My Ride
(any other contenders out there?)

TopGear need to get real and stop larking around in cars we can never afford and slagging off or dropping pianos on those we can.

Why don't they do a feature on genuine tuned street cars and compare these to the shiny new hot hatches etc.

A power run on the TG track in modified cars would be a great weekly feature. Perhaps even getting the owner to try and beat the Stigs time.

top gear is the best for me cos it is funny and has cars that we will never afford
and for me thats what lets 5th gear down cos they do to many normal cars

pimp my ride was good when they was at west coast but since they went to gas its not so good

A Car Is Born is a good show. Very interesting.
And also a Car Is Reborn.
Pimp My Ride was good to start with but then they went a bit crazy with the themes and such IMO.

Clarkson hates modified cars, car clubs, forums etc etc - so that'd likely never happen. You've only got to read his column to figure that.

Topgear seems to be the best - dont actually get much choice out here although agree with the above, they need to bring some reality back sometimes.

Discovery Turbo sometimes has some decent things on. dont remember the name of it but one where they have a garage in East London with a Bangladeshi designer.

pimp my ride uk must be the most emarrasing show on the TV, the presenter should be shot for treason,,,let's hear whats about to go down dog.....hes a posh bloke from some posh villiage for christ sake, Shame they didn't miss when they tried to shoot him. rumours were he arranged for himself to be shot to elevate his gangta'ism. funny enough through some propper gangsta mates it was beacuse he didn't pay for his coke,,naughty boy...wish he'd go down puffa

Brum.jpg

Lets face it, all the car shows on TV are poo. Even Top Gear now.

Prefer 5th gear for actual car reviews and the fact they feature bikes makes it the one for me. TG is an entertainment show and I treat it as such, good for letching at the cars i'll never afford. Winds me up when they get a bit serious though, i.e. When Clarkson had his "end of supercars" rant at the end of the last series, he sounded so up himself it was untrue.