Best and worst emergency service job

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Which would you say are the best and worst emergency services job?

Would you see yourself as say a fireman or breakdown recovery man but never as a paramedic or policeman?

To be honest I don't think I could do any of these jobs but I quite like the firemans job as it's quite varied but I wouldn't fancy attending RTA's with cutting equipment.

life boats have a tough time, never included in the saying, "the 3 emergrgency services" Relying on charity money to keep up the great work, A shame

Lifeboats is one charity I will glady give money to! I really don't envy their job and I must admit I never thought about them when writing this thread. :( Anyone seen "The Guardian"?

Lifeboats is one charity I will glady give money to! I really don't envy their job and I must admit I never thought about them when writing this thread. :( Anyone seen "The Guardian"?

as a rule i dont give to charity myself but if they show me an official badge i do give to the rnli for the simple reason these are nearly all volunteers and do it for no real gratification!!

the guardian if its the ashton kutcher and kevin costner film you mean then yes and its a great film!!!!!

That advert from AA should never have been shown 4th emergency service - pah.

Coastguard, Mountain Rescue, Cave Recue - they're all emergencey services as well.

As for worst job - anything involving a child and either death or abuse. Messy deaths are pretty bad, yet it always seems to hit people harder when children are involved (probably due to genetic hardwiring in most people to protect children).

The best - I dunno. I think a job that a bobby had to do once was not good, but probably uplifting:

Serious RTC, driver died and was identified from his license (pre-photocard). Bobby went round to the house to inform his wife, only to find when he gave her the location that it couldn't be her husband. Once he explained they'd had to ID. him from his license, she smiled and said the license had been stolen only a couple of days before.

Of course, they still had an unidentified body on their hands, but the lady had her husband back.

Last edited:
I allways felt strongly about the AA advert as well. Probably the only advert ever which I had views on