Audi Diesel wins Sebring!

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
The Audi R10 Tdi stormed home in first place despite a flat tyre which cost them 2 laps! The R10 Tdi was so sucessful that a ruling was passed that made the fuel tank 10% smaller so they had to fill up more frequently. Personally I don't think that ruling should have been made - all the other players have a Fuel choice to make and economy can actually win the race cutting down the number of pit stops that have to be made. This will encourage makers to fill the market with HIGH POWER DIESELS - BTW A typical Race MPG is around 5.73 U.S. mpg.

With the usable power band between 3,000 and 5,000 rpm, the 5.5l diesel 90º V12 should deliver around 650 hp and 1,100 Nm of torque, but obviously Audi are keeping the true numbers a big secret. Remember its the Torque we love!

So when will we see V12 Diesels in road cars then? Do you think they were right to make the Fuel tank size ruling?

But Audis budget is 100 times bigger than everyone elses so I think the rule is a good idea. It is nice to see a Diesel in competition. I also am pretty sure that Peugeot have a Diesel car in Le Mans that puts out 1000 bhp.

PSA have something waiting in the wings that runs on Derv. Rumour is that it's based on the 2.7 V6 unit currently found in the 407 and S-type and XK series Jaguars. My thought are that they'll join two end to end and create a 5.4 litre V12 with a total of 48 valves and four camshafts. Four turbo chargers will be used and it'll have something like 700 bhp.