Audi A3 1.6SE 09 WANT MORE POWER?

S

skux69er

Hey i just got myself a Audi A3 1.6SE...and im already looking at an engine conversion...posibly to a 1.8t...could anyone tell me what sought of money im looking at... and would there need to be any other modifications to be done to adjust for the more powerfull engine? Or would d be better off supercharging it and adding extras like induction kit, full sports exhaust and a remap?

cheers max

The 1.8T would be my engine of choice. You would need to uprate the suspension and brakes (s3 items would be a good option) also the 1.6 gearbox would be too close for the power band so you would ideally need to do an gearbox upgrade as well.

I've not seen many 1.8T engines around but then I've not been looking out for them. I would have thought a good donor engine would be in the £1-1500 ballpark though.

yeah doner engines for the 1.8t are around £1000-2000 depending on spec.

you also need the 1.8t mounts otherwise you will chew up driveshafts due to the wrong angle.

what engines in the A3 as theres 3 differnet versions of the 1.6 some have an aluminum block which cant take much power however the cast ones can take more.

Welcome to the site