Just got my first Audi! Any advice?

Mackeysm813

Car
2006 A3 2.0t
Hi everyone I’m super excited just got my first Audi. She’s so amazing! It’s an ‘06 A3 2.0t. The first time behind the wheel i fell in love. Being that it’s a bit older model I wanted to ask you seasoned vets if there are any pitfalls to watch out for with this model. It’s 6 speed, sport wagon, all the bells and whistles package. One thing that makes me nervous is a slight chattering when I shut off the engine. Also ,mods mods mods, where should I start with this particular model? Also any tips on engine compartment and making it immaculate?

Thanks,
Mackey

Nice car, good to hear from a fellow Audi owner.

They are pretty solid cars, carbon build up can be an issue on the TFSi and there was also a high oil consumption issue, which is actually considered normal on these engines. My BUL engine used about 1 liter of oil per month, but it pulled like a train and worked really well.

Remap is the first and best mod if budget is limited.

For more mods see https://www.torquecars.com/volkswagen/ea113-tuning.php

I have almost your exact car. I am just about to go on a road trip but will pass on to you the things Ive run into with my 06 2.0T 6 SPD hot hatch. Great car

the audi 2.0l can be a good engine when a few mods are done ,.firat replace the tappet that drives the high pressure fuel pump ,upgrade the oe stock plastic water pump to an alum or steel replacement next the big problem with this engine is when the oil isnt changed often enough and the correct oil must be used .the best oil is liqui molly or motul 5w40 you can also use shaffer ,redline,or amsoil if the proper oil maintenance hasnt been done then you need to take the engine apart and remove the balance shafts and there are tiny screens in the bearing race of the shaft that gets clogged] remove the screens also the same screen in the camshaft plate at the cam gear side and replace the oil pump and pickup check for an updated oil separator its mounted on top of the valve cover and pay attention to low boost codes usually caused by the wastegate not sealing some models have a threaded rod so you can adjust it to close tighter the ones that dont have threads you have to replace the whole turbo use shell or sunoco gas when available the highest sunoco has 94 available in the east shell has only 91 in the west