auction pricing?

theballboy

Tuner
Car
mondeo tdci
Im trying to get an idea of auction price averages for models and years. Will be travelling to BCA this spring and looking for a type of parkers/glasses price guide which applies to auction pricing rather than private or forecourt.

But if thats not available does anyone have any idea what kind of a saving on average over forecourt prices might be had at these?

cheers

is no book and you wont be saving very much money as car sales at the min there is no money in it

you are better off looking on ebay ect for a motor as they are cheaper and you can ask the old owner what ever you want

BUt what about the ex fleet cars / lease cars. There are BMW specific auctions for example and surely i f spending 7k - 10k your bound to knock a grand at least off the forecourt.

But if the feedbcak Im getting is true of poor savings at the moment then I def would think again as I'd be coming over from N. Ireland for a start so flight and boat costs would have to be added on to purchase

THanks for response

what is bumping the prices up are the scrapage scam and normal joe public buying from there
ya you might save 500-1k off a good priced car but we have so many car sales cars come in for mot's and they all say the same thing no money in it they are only making 300-500 quid out of a car

when you have to pay for the site adverts ect it leaves you with nothing
why they still doing it cost there is no other jobs out there that will pay the bills as most sales man thats all they know

but as your coming over from n.ireland i would not bother you will not safe your self any money in the long run

and most of are traders all buy off the street and off ebay now ok sometimes they might have to travel a few 100 miles but it still works out cheaper and most of the time you know what is wrong with it

I've heard a lot of dealers complaining that the Auction prices are just too high at the moment.

Haggle with a non BMW dealer if they have a BMW in stock. You can usually get pretty good savings this way. You'd really want to do the haggling over the phone as it puts you in a stronger position.