Are you a nervous passenger

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Are you a nervous passenger ? Does it depend on the driver? Do you tend to be the one in your family that always does the driving or do you share the driving and take turns?

Depends on the driver. Never nervous with good drivers. People that drive fast without the experience worry me. I prefer to the driving if it's to be done quickly. Hate people that pootle around like Sunday drivers.

Some drivers worry the heck out of me. The hesitant ones are dreadful. If they can't determine that it's safe to go how would they know when they should be considering stopping.

The other ones I dislike are the ones who have built up their confidence but not their skills to match.

I'm the same as you HDI. It worries me that some of these people are driving. I know people who wont drive on a motorway as they beleve it to be dangerous. Now, If you haven't got the confidence to drive on one of the roads in this country, should you really be driving??? One person I knew, moved from up here to St Mawgan (probably just about as far as you could get really) and her fella had to drive her and all there gear down, get a train back up, to dive her car down as she would not drive on a motorway!!

We know someone who is terrified of a local 70mph dual carriageway and never uses motorways yet she hammers round suburban 30mph roads in Aylesbury at a frightening speed with no regard for anything at all.

Classic case of familiarity and contempt.

Yep, that would sum her up very well.

The ones that buy little cars (in this case a black 3dr Fiesta - I'll withhold the reg plate) in the interests of easy parking -

Could've fooled me, given the 4-5 minutes it took to get into a space that would easily accomodate a LWB Daimler Sovereign.

I know at least one girl that won't drive on the motorway. It vexes me. It's not difficult really. You generally don't have to start or stop, no lights or pedestrians etc so surely it should be easier? I just don't think they like cars at the sides of them, I think it panics them.

Not too fussed about being a passenger really, even when er indoors is behind the wheel! but I must admit to having had to correct her "funny little ways" on occasion! Bless her :embarrest:

Rarely. Then again, most people that drive me around have to demonstrate they can drive to a fairly high standard. Sometimes twice.

Which doesn't mean they are perfect, one perosn I worked with was often late on the brakes, making it quite sharp.

Rarely. Then again, most people that drive me around have to demonstrate they can drive to a fairly high standard. Sometimes twice.

Which doesn't mean they are perfect, one perosn I worked with was often late on the brakes, making it quite sharp.

Would that be my sister by any chance? She's late and heavy on the brakes when she drives her car.

Not that I noticed in the Ambulance.

This was a gentleman from "down south" who used to drive for White Arrow.

Depends on the driver. The more hesitant dithering idiots scare me much more than the show off D*ck-heads ragging it round everywhere. At least the latter has thier eyes on the road and is thinking about whats going on.

I'm generally quite relaxed.