Are 4x4 drivers more aggressive?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you find that drivers of large 4x4 cars are more aggressive? I'm thinking of Range Rovers,Isuzu Troopers, Jeeps, Hummers and the like rather than the smaller 4x4 family cars.

Is it the driver or just the impression the car gives?

Not too sure about the aggressive side but I have certainly seen some remarkable displays of stupidity from a few range rover drivers, especially when it was either wet or snowing :sad2:

Not too sure about the aggressive side but I have certainly seen some remarkable displays of stupidity from a few range rover drivers, especially when it was either wet or snowing :sad2:

I have yet to see stupidity in these weather condidtions big T.

But, I used to be in London alot, and some of the drivers attitudes and general driving behavour is appalling! Utterly appaling!

Or a bora you're hoping someone will write off for you so you don't have the hassle of selling it.

Wasn't going to cite the Bora but my old MG Montego was a good target back in 1996 for this approach. Problem is you'd probably die in the attempt - they were flimsy as hell

I had to laugh in the last winter tho, I saw a lot of clueless 4x4 drivers who seemed to think 4wd could somehow negate the laws of physics. Er no, your 2.5 tonne car will still slide if you barell into that snowy roundabout too fast.

Today I was going down a narrow road just up from the school I work at, when a range Rover discovery come towards me, I thought they were slowing down to allow me to pass, but instead whoever it was just ignored me and I had to go up the curb, to allow them past! It was my right of way! They had cars on there side! :mad:

Well come winter and you find yourself stuck in the snow shall I stop and help or drive past blowing :toung:

I actually have a towing strap in the back to help stranded motorists in the winter, so don't tar us all with same brush!