Any Ideas

aston

The Torque Meister
Car
VOLVO and VW
This car is for sale but with the problems below, Any ideas, The car is a clio 172,

car has some problems that i've spent alot of time and money replacing but unfortunately to no avail.

problems:
steering- pulls on uneven ground ever since the gearbox was replaced. in the last year i've changed most things to resolve the issue:
new steering rack;
tie rods + track rod ends;
powerflex wishbone bushes;
arb bushes;
steering rack clamps;
solid top mounts;
lower ball joints;
front shocks;
rear shocks;
wheels;
pas pump.
i even fitted a non-pas rack to rule out the pas system being at fault.

the cv joints have started to click on corners.

Also engine:
under 1750ish revs you get minor hesitation. it started happening after a fastchip remap.
the gearsticks a bit woolly, would benefit from new ball & socket.

Any ideas?????

I don't see how a gearbox could do this. You've done all of the logical stuff that I would have thought. Have you had the tracking and alignment of the wheels checked.

Has the car been bumped/repaired or hit a pothole? Are the tyres of the same make/tread depth?

I think the car would firstly benefit from having a full geometry set up done on it, this will find and correct most handling issues and identify any thing that requires replacing. The hesitation issue should be handed back to the remappers for further investigation to eliminate their work for one! This is why I prefer the rolling road approach to mapping.

Its not my car, It's a listing I saw for sale, I thought that maybe it could be a good buy considering all the money spent on it, but then again probably not