A sure sign of a non expert driver

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
Is those muppets who hang all sorts of distracting crap/rubbish from their rear view mirrors along with them that place sat navs in any other position than as low as possible in the right hand bottom corner of the screen..V(\B:rolleyes:
Over here both are not only illegal and distractingly dangerous but poorly enforced.

Gets down off hobby horse again:)

I have my GPS mounted in lowest part of the middle of the screen. This suits me vision wise, it simply blocks my view of the bottom part of the wiper arm on the left side of the screen. No problems there vision wise.

I see cars with satnavs directly in front of their drivers' driving line of vision.

That's fine as I can place mine there if I wanted to as in that spot it doesn't block any vision as it does not show above the bonnet line.

I only have to look at it if in unfamiliar territory to check the exit if it has multiple lanes and listen to any direction info.

I also have it set to give an audible ding dong sound if the limit is exceeded by 5 kph.

I believe dangling objects from the rear view mirror are a no no in the MOT now. I do have to resource a holder for my iPhone soon, I use this on occasion as a sat nav when my DVD car based unit cannot find a street.

My sat nav goes low down in the middle of the screen.

This is only because the charger cable won't reach anywhere else.

If it does then the cable is more of a distraction than anything else

I use an iPad mount on the dash. As some of you know, Minis have a massive dial in the middle and I use a suction mount and put my iPad mini there. Doesnt matter if I cannot see the speedo as I have a digi one built into the rev counter