4 meter parking laziness.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How often do you see people parking (illegally) to use a cash machine, collect a take away or to pop into a shop!

People generally seem unable to walk more than 4 meters nowadays.

Would you say that you were guilty of this? Does it annoy you or am I just being a pedant!

this reminds me of the phrase "do as i say not as i do" because everyone does it but hates when other people do it

Yip cars park blocking the entrance to my flat all the time, normally with the excuse that im just going for a paper be 2 mins. well one guy had to climb in through his passengers door after parking up and shouting that at me while i was coming up the alley so sat blocking his door, when he came back out. im going to me 2 mins

It's not the fact that 1 car is there for 2 minutes. It's the fact that when that one leaves, another one parks for two minutes, and another and another.

I do it only because parking is so difficult. There is nowhere to park a car nowadays especially during the day.

there is plenty of room if you look. if i cant park on the main street i look in the carpark, if theres nothing there i have a look around the back of the flats just down the road. If theres nothing there then it goes down to a carpark 5 mins walk from the flat.

the problem like waynne said is because most people refuse to walk far now. If im needing anything in the town then i walk unless its too big to carry

I love walking, well I figure it beats the bus. Not so sure that'll stick once I start driving though :)

I'll park on double yellows etc,....but I'll never leave the car blocking an driveway or enterance, as I know I'd be annoyed if I got blocked in, even if it means driving around the block 4 times untill a space is free llf

a cash machine in bridge of allan has a place for parking right outside - have even managed to park right next to it and get out cash without getting out of the car!

But in general wont park on yellow lines etc... as it annoys me when others do it. Also, blocking entrances - if it was my entrance and someone parked in front of it then i would ram them with the truck so will not do it to others.

I don't do it - generally because I like to park my cars as far away from everyone else as possible. I'm paranoid about dings and scratches. I'm one of those people you'll see traul a car-park looking for an end-bay or a wider than normal bay, so I can park near the right or left hand white line so nobody else is near it.