307 td low power

tina

Car
peugoet 2.0 td hdi
i have the chance of buying a 307 TD HDI 2.0 apparently i have been told it as low power up to 2000rpm then its ok is this gonna cost me a lot to fix
or is it not advisable to buy
thanks

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck! :)

tcsmileysign.gif

I don't know what might cause the car to be low on power, but trying to diagnose the fault with any accuracy is going to be a problem on a forum. We could tell you it's an easy fix only for you top take it to a garage & find it needs a new turbo. Personally I would advise you to walk away & find another there are no shortage of used 307's for sale.

Incidentally there seems to be a number to power versions for that engine; 90bhp, 110bhp & 136bhp so an exact model may help provide an answer. :)

Cheers,

Loz.

Drove a mates 307 and it seemed slugish under 2k. Told him about what I thought and he said that's the 2nd one he's had and its exactly the same. So I would say its the range of cars. But this is not gospel and please don't buy it on my evaluation. Try driving a couple of the same model and compare.
Oh, welcome to the site.

The older HDi engines could be a bit laggy in truth.

I had a 2.2 HDi 136 remapped to nearly 190bhp and that still felt a bit slow to build boost below about 2000rpm.

The 1.6 HDi 110 is much better in that respect. I suspect largely due to fitment of a variable geometry turbo.